Petrol rr day

Paul v4

Petrolheads
Lads i was just wondering much you all spent on petrol

going up and back from the rr dad last weekend

because my type r took 130 euros worth and i didnt

have a drop when i got home which seems a bit much :ponder:

i drove it a bit hard on the way home but not much.

130 yo yo sound s mental :shock:, my tank was as good as empty at 5 that mornin . put 50 yo yo in tank which put needle jus above full :thumbsup:. drove from navan to rr and back to dundalk on that tank , was nt empty but wasnt takin any chances :dunno:, so pulld off m1 to same maxol as that morn[dundalk] , another 40 yo yo which filled her right back up and still av a qtr tank left from that [thur morn] :thumbsup:so 130 yo yo is mental imo :eek:mg:, needle didnt really start to drop until convoy where i was near back and broke the law jus to keep up so , thats my story and im stickin to it !!! :headbanger: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:
02 prodrive sti

but when paul is doing 120kmph in the type -r hes sitting at much higher revs because of the short ratios..would use a lot more fuel...but in saying that any time myself and chris do a country run we use the same amount of fuel so the b4 anit much better than a type -r

Wow, that was an expensive trip. Type R sits at 3800RPM at 120kph so Dagnut you are probably right.

I put in 60 in maynooth which i went to the m1 with, then just filled up in the maxol just in case so put another 20 in it, that did me till back t maynooth but orange bastadin light was on then again! im surprised that bulb hasnt gone yet the amount a times its been on!!

Thats some amount of juice mate! Wouldn't want to me taking many trips up north in the scooby!! :lol:

€80 up and back!
Full leaving sallins! Gave it abit to coachmans inn and then on to dundaulk maxol!were she took €20 to fill again
Then drove up to AI auto's had the craic on the way did a quick taxi run to shops with a car load and gave it a good run back to dundaulk maxol were she took €40 to fill
Then drove home enthusiaticly and put €20 in to fill that evening when I brought her out to wash her!
So €80 in total (€40 from dundaulk to AI auto's and back to dundaulk plus rollers runs)
Averaged 22 MPG

well I got from Donabate to belfast and back to Drogheda E5 garage on jus under a full tank few weeks back, (type R )

80yoyos altogether and i thought that that was bad but 130???i think thats some achievement in itself :clap:

If I had a type R I would defo look into a really long 5th gear ratio conversion! It would have to be worth the conversion cost!
And a great selling point!
I don't understand why cars aren't built with a really long cruising gear!
My dad has a gto 3 litre twin turbo(approx 350bhp) but 5th gear is really long , I think about 1900rpm @ 120kph so he gets about 30mpg!!!!!
There would be no downside to running a type R :headbanger:
Actually I might do that! :ponder:
Dan

Back