penalty points

tommyb4

Sunday Drivers
rage! got 2 penalty points today by a very sneaky guard! wudnt mind but i didnt even think i was goin too much over limit,wasnt rallying! anyone know of any current loopholes?!! complete longshot here i no!!

so you got caught speeding and you're annoyed & want to find a way out of paying it?

fook sake :wall:

i believe there are some magic beans on the market , where you grow a beanstalk , have a chat with a giant ,who will visit said garda and get him to wipe your points , fine and the garda will issue a personal apology for being so sneaky !

:hammerhead: :icon_nana: :hammerhead:

jacket got !! :icon_rolleyes:

[quote author=tommyb4 link=topic=33447.msg383339#msg383339 date=1330441481]
have calmed down today... yeh i seen them magic beans on offer in tesco,may get some haha
[/quote] glad you see the funny side of this thread, I was expecting a bitch fest. Hard luck on getting caught but that's life :thumbsup:

with the amount of speed vans and traffic corps around its only a matter of time before any one of us gets caught , pure revenue generator , im on the road pretty much all day around south dublin and see 4 maybe 5 speed traps every day , and all in sneaky places , i know they'll get me some day for doing 55 in a 50

Make certain that all details on the fine you get are correct to the letter,if your address or name is even one letter out,it gets thrown away. Happened to me twice about 5 years ago. Poor Garda couldnt read his own writing.

Don't feel bad mate I have a few but last ones I got was for doing 51kph in a 50kph zone :wall: :wall:

Now that's heart wrenching :icon_cry:

+1 , is there not some grace or allowance possibly 2-3 mph .also can you ask garda to see when machine was last calibrated ??

1mph over , thats is heart wrenching , you have my sympathy .

a bit of "cop on "/ common sense should have prevailed imo

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

[quote author=Duff link=topic=33447.msg383413#msg383413 date=1330475004]
Don't feel bad mate I have a few but last ones I got was for doing 51kph in a 50kph zone :wall: :wall:

Now that's heart wrenching :icon_cry:
[/quote]

There is a 10% allowance ? So that would give you 55kph... that's the tolerance allowed for your speedo accuracy..so you can easily say my speedo read 50 while doing 55..you should have refused that one

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=33447.msg383430#msg383430 date=1330510182]

1mph over , thats is heart wrenching , you have my sympathy .

[/quote]

1kph over....even worse!!!!

Tried talking to a Gard but was done by a Gatso van so nothing they could do.... In fairness I do be speeding a bit too often so I jus left it.... Makes no difference to insurance or anything for me so hey, take a small rap to avoid big ones :whistle:

The gatso van will only do you at that sort of speed after a number of close calls as far as i'm aware. i.e. they probably caught you a few times already doing between 50 and 60.

That could be / possibly is what happened so :icon_grin:

As i said i've often flew by without seeing them :icon_sad:

Back