paint questions

northdublin

Petrolheads
ive gotten my hands on an 2002 bumper for my 2000 b4 thanks to des... :thumbsup: the bumper is a close colour to my own but the fog covers which i have to say finish the bumper of deadly are a dark metalic grey. is this standard for the fogs to be differant colour to the bumper and if so how do i find out the code of the grey bit. im also thinking of spraying the intake area of the bumper the same colour. ive seen a part on japanparts that sits on the intake in front of the rad which is grey and has b4 on it. i want to replicate this without spending serious money on that part. i think its marks black b4 that has this, but my fog blanks are differant to the standard ones and look more like the blob eye ones.
should i go with this theme or just paint the whole lot the one colour

My fog light surrounds are that colour too Mick. So i presume its the same for them all. Not sure of a code for it though.

Are your new surrounds this shape?? The centre part on japanparts.com is unbelievable money before you even take into account P+P and vat!

100_0542.jpg

mine are a bit differant, they have a little vent in them off to the side. and the fog sits much deeper. where you have the centre piece that has b4 on it i was going to colour the same as the fog surrounds.

02bumper1.jpg

02bumper.jpg

i would love to get my hands on a set of blanks like the ones on the blob eye but i would colour code those with the car

That's the colour of my surrounds and centre piece. Just doesn't stand out too much in the picture. Have to say i like the look of those surrounds you've got there! :thumbsup:

If you do find the colour code, could you pass it on to me. I'd be interested in having it! :thumbsup:

Back