p1410 Fault Code

Different options open to you.

Firstly i knocked the light off and it has never come back on. Car drives fine no problems at all and as the unit itself only works for about 45 sec on start up i aint too worried.

You can replace the whole unit (3 seperate parts) main dealer price was crazy something like 1250 or more for parts required however you may not need to replace all 3 parts.

What i had planned on doing is doing away with the unit completely and buying to blanking plates and then getting the ecu mapped as on start up the ecu will keep automatcally looking for the unit and with it no longer being there will keep on throwing up the fault code.

Price on blanks beteen ~85- 100
labour costs quoted when i enquired ~100
plus map ~100-150

I will go for the above option at soome stage but at the time it happened me it was very close to my wedding and didnt have a penny to spend on the car. The way i see it is if you go to the expense of replacing it who is to say it wont fail again in a few years time and seen as the unit is only there to dilute emmissions on start up it aint needed imo.

I have this problem now too.
I had someone clean one valve for me and I'm going to try to clean the other one myself when I get something to open it. In the meantime, I dosed it in carburetor cleaner.
The valve that was cleaned was not sticking, and moved freely when current was applied to it. It was, however, covered in dirt. I don't know how any air was getting through.
The car has 82k km on the clock.
The only thing that I notice on the car is that sometimes the air pump comes on for only 1 or 2 seconds, so maybe it is the air pump that is gone in mine...

talking to the garage its happened a good few cars 06 on wards cars now..

@Buckshot can't pm you back . people will think I'm mad but I going to replace the 2 valves with new ones rather than by pass. its gonna be expensive I know. Not sure yet but I'd say i won't have alot of change out of €750/€800

The bypass kit and the reflash of the ecu is a much cheaper and effective option. It also stops it coming back ever again. We have done a good few of these.

[quote author=gerry link=topic=33206.msg404221#msg404221 date=1343685875]
talking to the garage its happened a good few cars 06 on wards cars now..

@Buckshot can't pm you back . people will think I'm mad but I going to replace the 2 valves with new ones rather than by pass. its gonna be expensive I know. Not sure yet but I'd say i won't have alot of change out of €750/€800
[/quote]

might have a secondhand one gerry ,waiting on a call back :thumbsup:

Back