Original Irish Impreza Turbo 2000

sc86

In January this year i got a call to ask was i interested in a impreza with low miles parked up a few years , i said yes course but also well aware these calls usually never live up to the promise. Well this did.
A gentleman in his mid 70s bought this new in a local subaru dealer near me in jan 2000 and owned it since. He was upset to be selling which i could understand. He is rally driver austin mchales brother and decided back in 2000 after a spin with another well known rally driver kevin barrett , in his brand new impreza turbo , that he wanted one also. It has service history and has all old handbooks. He said he wouldnt even drive it in the rain. Its condition is a credit to him , and how he only done 20 000 miles over 21 years is beyond me , but great also.
He bought it new in Ls autos in maynooth who were subaru dealers back then.
Anyway heres some pics.
As i found it
im1.jpeg
imp1.jpgimp2.jpgim3.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely to see there is a survivor car like this fair play Stephen, lucky f*cker :p

Savage, absolutely mint, even the original radio is still in it !! well ware

Absolutely amazing find, very lucky indeed.
Looks absolutely immaculate. Great reg too!

Wow you are incredibly lucky to have this. Take good care of it.

Beautiful car Stephen, had the exact same car, same colour and everything in 2006, great car and quick enough, my brother was pissed off when I pulled out a few cars length on him in mine against his dc5 integra type r.

A very rare sight now and great to see such a good example, enjoy,

Ps first dibs on it if for sale please

Beautiful car Stephen, had the exact same car, same colour and everything in 2006, great car and quick enough, my brother was pissed off when I pulled out a few cars length on him in mine against his dc5 integra type r.

A very rare sight now and great to see such a good example, enjoy,

Ps first dibs on it if for sale please
First dibs is long gone , il put you in at number 54 ha

Jesus christ man. Well jealous!! Looks amazing! That's some find to be fair, almost lost for words lol
Really looking forward to seeing that at some stage if possible, I'd say it just takes the biscuit with how fresh it is 😀 lol

Amazing story.

My Dad had 99 MO 555 from brand new, a 2.0 sport in WR blue on gold speed lines with the same mid rise spoiler.

unfortunately that one seems to be long dead according to NCT.

Back