Ordering exhaust ASAP - 22-6-10 - doing a final proof check HELP!

i have the after burner vortex on my sti and i use the car every day and its not as loud as some people think but dont get me wrong it loud :icon_headbang:

I dont know why you'd want it to be any louder than absolutely necessary....

In the last 5000 km's i've done, id say i've been stopped about 5 times, and its been purely opportunist by the law.
Not booting it, over taking, making noise (full standard system) or anything.

Purely just getting stopped because i'm in a blue impreza.
They check insurance, licence etc, and send me on, every time. If the car was loud, this would be even more often, and they may have something to actually penalise me with.

I love my subaru, but I'd never been stopped before until i got it.

I agree with scoobie, i have had mine about 4 months now, been stopped or followed by garda's and just checked for everything is in order, this has happened about 4 times in the last 4 months.

I would not like to have something loud to give them a reason to do me.

I've only been stopped once in the last 7 months,( which is as long as I've got the car) and that was just a random tax/insurance/license check and it was in blanchardstown which is pretty notorious for young speeders in civics etc so I wasn't surprised to be pulled over. Most people turn a blind eye to my car because it's not a coupe/hatch/normal car shape. I've often stopped at traffic lights next to guards (with quite a loud exhaust) in the Foz and the guard might not even turn his head to look at the car. If it was a civic with a straightpipe I'd imagine it'd be a lot more eye catching.

I wouldn't let things like that dictate my choices of exhaust (to an extent obviously) because if I am stopped, I know everything is in order with tax and insurance etc so I've got nothing to worry about, and if I did get hassle over the exhaust, so be it, I can't imagine it happening to such an extent that it would force the removal of the exhaust from the car.

There are hundreds of scooby drivers in the country with exhaust set ups similar to the one I've got planned, and I like the sound of their cars, so I want that for my own, I'm not purposely going out to buy the loudest exhaust I can find, but I'm also not going out of my way to quieten it. I was limited in choice for a backbox in the sense that the H&S backbox is too similar in sound to my current backbox, and the blitz nur spec r is on the pricier side, the fujitsubo legalis R is again too similar to my own sound, so I wanted something a bit more raw, which is why I chose this exhaust.

Even though my own exhaust at the moment is loud by my standards, I can still drive in a way that makes it seem quiet so it's less conspicuous in the presence of the law.

There is an electrically operated butterfly valve that you can put between the front and center section to quieten it down!
Dan

Ah none of this quietening stuff haha :lol:

Dan it doesn't look like the downpipe is gonna fit onto the vf35 because the bolt pattern is different and the shape is slightly off so I wonder will I have to change my standard D/P to fit the VF now

I see money flashing before my eyes haha

I have a de-cat down pipe off an 05 sti which i think was vf 35.

If it fits, your welcome to make an offer on it.
Its a s/s buddy club one, used for about 2 weeks.

Back