opinions of the 2000 4door legacy

B

bazmang

i am new to this kind of thing so here goes . . . . im just curious to know from owners past and present about the 2000 4door legacy ??? i am very interested in purchasing this car and would be very greatful if you could tell me if i need to be looking out for any weakness in the car . . . . running costs. . . . servicing. . . . reliability and over all the ride and handling quality ????

welcome along bazmang :thumbsup:

someone will put ya in the right direction very soon

:subaru:

welcome along bazmang......... i drive a 1999 b4 legacy and ive had no trouble at all with it. best to bring a good mechanic with you and take it on a good test drive, listen for knocks funny noises etc.!! maybe ask for service history, i took a chance and bought mine with no service history, first thing she got was a full service, timing belt the lot. check for respray, you'll see that orange peel effect, under the boot liner for bangs in the back and check all the lines along the bobywork to see the match up. see if the engine bay is clean etc, all that type of stuff. service can be expensive but there's plenty of lads on this site that can point you in the right direction. mine costs me about 50-60 euro's a week in juice, i dont drive her hard at all but handling is excellent and the ride..????? wow.!! best car i ever had.!! that twin turbo will give you such an adrenalin rush..!! i dont know much about cars but i hope this helps.!

slan

papa smurf

:subaru:

I've no experience of the 4-door Legacy (saloon), but I'm now driving my second 5-door Legacy (estate) which happens to be the 2000 model.

I couldn't recommend the estate version more, as they're extremely versatile and reliable. There's even a dual range gearbox in them (but not the saloon) for when the going gets really heavy (handy if you need to tow a trailer out of a muddy field etc.), and on the awful roads around here the handling/ride is absolutely brilliant, whilst even with the standard 2-litre engine it would be pretty unusual for me to get overtaken. :whistle:

No problems at all. Got mine 2001 leggy from dealer - fully serviced. Recently done nct - lad at testing center said that left rear light is weeker the right :shock: went for retest next morning without changing anything and car passed :D must have liked that car enough to take a look at it again ;) lol

So far i only had to replace lambda sensor - got ntk lambda for e30. Fuel consuption is reasonable - if that's 2.0l non-turbo you're after. I spend no more then 60e every two weeks when driving only in town.
It's very comfortable and quiet inside. Loads of space in front - never heard complaint from passengers in the back.
Very good handling.

Back