Old skool immobiliser touch fob

KENC

ISDC Club Member
One for the more maturer audience :(

Can anyone remember an old type immobiliser that used what looked like a round flat battery immobiliser fob that you touched against a receiver on dash????

I can remember them fitted in 1994 Irish Honda Civics.... I?m not sure if the were a Honda immobiliser or an after market... I can?t even find a picture to show. Basically the fob looked like a flat watch battery

4cdf4f44c70c7ca42fcd1d1a5078e67b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember they were on a lot of MR2s as well. early 90s ones after the 4age model

Similar system used now for driver data
bc23ec0dfb725a29f0785b8f2e418e58.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I think Toad made the ones that came in on Japanese cars originally for the UK market,
Could be something to do with Thatcham

I'd say I know the one your on about. It was an aftermarket UK company it we on about the same thing.
Was it a small circular socket you could say in the dash that had a red light turn on when you put the fob to it, fob was a pen shaped thing, black...
Had on in an old EG Civic years back

I'd say I know the one your on about. It was an aftermarket UK company it we on about the same thing.
Was it a small circular socket you could say in the dash that had a red light turn on when you put the fob to it, fob was a pen shaped thing, black...
Had on in an old EG Civic years back

No it?s as above, like a battery and you placed it against what looked like another battery on dash, and I don?t think there was any light

Mother has that in 2003 corolla looks aftermarket though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had it aswell but in 2 x 94 civic coupes. One was Irish from new one from the north. Not sure but I presumed they were aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back