Oil Filter for WRX 2004

conorob123

ISDC Club Member
Hi, im just wondering where is the best place to purchase genuine subaru oil filters and sump washers online? and does it matter what type of mobil 1 oil i use as long as its 5w30?
Thanks Conor

Attachments

• 501D5A0C-05A9-48D6-A680-E2F1F78A5FE3.jpeg
    501D5A0C-05A9-48D6-A680-E2F1F78A5FE3.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 9
Send dave a message here or you'll get him on rsr, he'll post or Ali burrows in the North will post , either prob the handiest and quickest way to get.

Tbh any blueprint one from your local motor factors will work also, never heard of anyone ever having any problems with blueprint filters, ran them for years on many cars including scoobies as did other lads on here,

Tbh any blueprint one from your local motor factors will work also, never heard of anyone ever having any problems with blueprint filters, ran them for years on many cars including scoobies as did other lads on here,

oh really? I was told to keep away from them but i suppose everyone will tell you something different, what oil do you use?

Ran blueprint oil filter for years on modified scooby, never once had problems, in fact over the years the only problem I ever had was with a genuine subaru fuel filter that started to leak during mapping.

10w 40, or 5 w 40 fully synethic or 15 w 50 when mapped,

every one has a different opinion on best oil or grade to use. Always used motul, expensive but good. Any good fully synethic oil will do, mobil, Castrol, etc etc👍

Nothing wrong with blueprint filters have used them loads of time also use genuine Subaru filters .
Genuine filter 13-15 euros
Blueprint 5-7 euros .
Make sure you fill the oil filter up a few times before screwing it on 👍👍

There are a couple of guys on adverts selling the genuine black ones one saying they are jdm spec dont think there is a difference, but i could be wrong.

I was reading somewhere that rx8 oil filters are direct replacement for Subaru but hold a bigger volume oil 🤔

Back