Oil Burn

Kiers

Hi all
Looks like I am burning oil, anyone any idea where to start ? Was going to check the PCV first as I read it can cause oil to pass through the exhaust.....car is running fine, no knocks or noises other than oil burn....am I looking at engine out or should I check the turbo after the PCV
Cheers

Hi all
Looks like I am burning oil, anyone any idea where to start ? Was going to check the PCV first as I read it can cause oil to pass through the exhaust.....car is running fine, no knocks or noises other than oil burn....am I looking at engine out or should I check the turbo after the PCV
Cheers
When seals were going on my vf35 I noticed oil at exhaust might be worth checking

If rockers seaping ull smell in in car if driping on hot turbo can't imagine it weaping a noticeable amount though look down turbo side of block with touch (easy to see on that side) see is there oil there

The Turbos do fail on them,so worth checking allright

If it turns out to be that

You can get a refurbed VF38 to the door for 360 euro or so (Including duty and vat) from Mag Engines

The Turbos do fail on them,so worth checking allright

If it turns out to be that

You can get a refurbed VF38 to the door for 360 euro or so (Including duty and vat) from Mag Engines

Is there any way of knowing if it's the turbo ?

3 liters for 150 miles is a front or rear crank seal unless your seing lots of smoke out the back

3 liters for 150 miles is a front or rear crank seal unless your seing lots of smoke out the back
I am seeing what I thought was black smoke on hard acceleration but I didn't think it was over the top, I certainly wouldn't have put it down to oil burn.....I would have thought possibly a half ltr but this is crazy

At what point did you check it . Was it before you started and oil was good 150 miles later and it had used 3 liters . You sure your reading the dipstick right as somethings not adding up

At what point did you check it . Was it before you started and oil was good 150 miles later and it had used 3 liters . You sure your reading the dipstick right as somethings not adding up
Ya I did an oil change the day before, all was at the full mark, went for a drive noticed black smoke but didn't think it was bad, actually thought it was running rich, checked the car last night when I got back about 20 minutes after getting home, looked to be about half way, checked this morning and its at low level, been under the car this morning, no leaks but still black smoke when you rev it

The low lever to high lever on a Subaru dipstick is 1/4 of a liter of oil .
Did you fill the filter with oil before you screwed it on . Fill the oil to the top mark . Start the car for a min . Let it sit for 2-3 min and dip the oil .
The car only takes 4.6-5.0 litres of oil?

The low lever to high lever on a Subaru dipstick is 1/4 of a liter of oil .
Did you fill the filter with oil before you screwed it on . Fill the oil to the top mark . Start the car for a min . Let it sit for 2-3 min and dip the oil .
The car only takes 4.6-5.0 litres of oil?
Ya did all that, all was good before I set off.

Back