nuts

cathal

Sunday Drivers
where would i get a good set of black wheel nuts[including lock nuts] to suit gra's on a classic? thanks.

i got a set of light weight black one's, got them free off the brother, fairly hard to get i think.
But e bay is your best bet id say.

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=14008.msg173755#msg173755 date=1238603323]
Pro Parts have them in stock.
[/quote]

heard they aren't of the highest quality.

I ordered some off Scoobyparts.com, about 40 euro delivered, have yet to put them on yet. they are 17mm hex size so are more suited to the rota wheels. will let you know how i get on when i fit them. Mcgards are recommended for the lock nuts

i am replacing the pro parts ones, got them with the alloys. these wheel studs are not up to much

fao Altezza-Dan let me know how the products are from Scoobyparts.com thanks

thanks lads for the help

Just to let ya know,

The standard wheel nuts for Subaru are 19mm but they wont fit the GRA's, I have GRA's on my type-r and the nuts are 17mm cause ya can't fit a socket onto the 19mm with GRA's

I actually bought a set of black alloy wheel nuts online and they fit the threads perfect but not a hope they're going on with those alloys.

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=14008.msg174159#msg174159 date=1238704219]
Just to let ya know,

The standard wheel nuts for Subaru are 19mm but they wont fit the GRA's, I have GRA's on my type-r and the nuts are 17mm cause ya can't fit a socket onto the 19mm with GRA's

I actually bought a set of black alloy wheel nuts online and they fit the threads perfect but not a hope they're going on with those alloys.
[/quote]

19mm nuts came with mine, and yes they are too big for GRA's but they can be gotten on and off with a slim fit 19mm socket. few scuffs on mine though when i got them from nuts coming on and off with wrong size socket :angry1: :angry1:

Cheers Dan, I must look out for a slim 19mm socket so :thumbsup:

its still a tight fit and i marked mine once or twice taking them off, i bought the 17mm ones to replace them, should be a much better fir with a bit more clearance . need to get a bit of touch up paint for the bits that chipped off :icon_cry:

Back