NUTS NUTS BLOODY NUTS

:lol: :lol: ah ed you seen the way i drive, i wont be that hard on your baby :p
cheers lads i thinks il go with aps, id probly be sorry after if i did get the brembo.
anyway they look sh*t hot.

and to go along with my other problem
another nut rounded on me this morning,
i should have stayed in bed

That sucks!
Didn't you get new nuts???
Who puts them on so tight that this keeps happening to you?
When you do get this one off, I'd replace all the nuts straight away and used copper grease on the threads!
My neighbour has a '04 330ci with big 19'' M3 wheels! He went to change a wheel with a poxy little wheel brace and rounded 2 of the nuts and wrecked the wheels all around the nuts! :roll:
There is a chap from camaroon who lives around corner who saw us stuggling to help the neighbour and he came over with a few tools and had the wheel off in a few minutes!
sound lad!
Dan

i didnt get anything yet for the car, i was taking all the nuts and wheels off today and was going to put on the standard.
the front wheels havent been off since they went on new so whoever put them on.
this car is stating to drink money i dont have and kinda getting sick of it.
gearboxes clutches and diffs seem to keep braking on me. oh and wheel nuts.

19in m3 wheels ouch, costly to be recking.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=6002.msg68508#msg68508 date=1205195743]
ethe tyre was off the rim this morning, feckn donuts, never again.

[/quote]
No car likes donuts I don't know what else you get up to in your motor!
But it sounds like you,ve learned more than your fair share of expensive lessons
Treat her with respect and she shouldn't give you any more trouble!
Dan

ah now, i dont be at it every day, id say 4 times ever in 2years and twice something fecked up.
and only in the wet, so im not that bad. :D
im still young and still learning..........well i tink im young anyway, still 16 like. :thumbsup:

No offence intended man!
It just that I think Our cars are designed to go well under "normal" driving conditions!
Anything else and they just don't like it! for example, On the track after some hard cornering my car gets fuel starvation with anything less than half a tank of petrol and I'm sure that if that was to happen often enough I could end up with a melted piston :cry: SO she doesn't like lateral G forces!!!
So I'll not put her back on track untill I have the sump baffled and a foam filled petrol tank!
Dan

well i got the nuts at long last and went to fit them...sure there too wide at the bottom of the nut.
i have them for sale or il ring the crowd i got them off and return them,
but then im still stuck without decent nuts.

i was thinking could i get someone to file down the wide part and then they will fit perfect.
or can i just make the hole wider for the nut to fit in.

you can see the wide bit in the pic.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=6002.msg83339#msg83339 date=1210117860]
well i got the nuts at long last and went to fit them...sure there too wide at the bottom of the nut.
i have them for sale or il ring the crowd i got them off and return them,
but then im still stuck without decent nuts.

i was thinking could i get someone to file down the wide part and then they will fit perfect.
or can i just make the hole wider for the nut to fit in. :thumbsup: :subaru:

you can see the wide bit in the pic.
[/quote]

I'd never take a Chance on safety! Nuts are designed to give the Max hold on a wheel so it stays in place any mods to that would be dangerous in my opinion!

Sell them on cut your loses and get a set that fit!

i had the same problem with nuts i got , next time make sure you ask for tuner nuts and give them they brand of wheel you are using :thumbsup:

[quote author=subadude link=topic=6002.msg83365#msg83365 date=1210151560]
i had the same problem with nuts i got , next time make sure you ask for tuner nuts and give them they brand of wheel you are using :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I did, and made sure they knew. :angry:
i must give them a ring tomorrow and see what the story is.

Back