Number plate question?

Murto

Petrolheads
Just wondering does any one know some people can get certain numbers on their

cars plates like 91 D 911, 00 MH 7 or even 95 WX 555?

I know in the UK their big into personalised plates and cost a fortune.

They're plates that were held when new & possibly at a cost.... You can't transfer them... but if you bought a new car you can ask the Registration office to put a certain reg number aside. If there is a few people looking for the same reg.... 911 for example... it then becomes a lottery i think!

you have to book the number plate you want providing someone else doesnt have to already!!!!
think its about 300 euro to get a personalised plate!!!
if you wanted a 09 car with say 555 on the reg,u pay extra for that plate plus you cant get ur car registered until 555 has been surpassed!!!
not a problem in dublin but might not reach that high in smaller counties (eg leitrim,carlow,roscommon)

As above, luckily for me the previous owner (dave legacy) reserved 95-D-52555. It's a nice plate for a subaru.

Thats a fake reg as I tried to motorcheck it and it doesnt show up.

Yep probably was.

I rememner the picture too. It was a White B4 for sale in a dealer in Waterford.

Yeah think that was the one all right.

Was thinking to myself how the no. 84 had not been taken! :ponder:

Would be a sweet plate for a B4 all same. Maybe Leitrim would be worth a try!

The first 200 numbers e.g 08 D 1 to 08 D 200 I think it is are all kept for people who want to buy them. So there would be a good chance of 84 being available

i got my car a few months back,
Went on to cartell.ie and typed in the reg 03 g 555 and it said it couldn't find any details on that reg,
so rang cherished numbers and it was available!! :multijump:

Reserved it, then when i registered my car i used it :icon_headbang:
It costs €335 But worth it :thumbsup: :subaru:

:thumbsup: Nice one lads, always something i wondered about.

Saw an old silver jag a few years ago in town( inspector morse type)

Reg IOU 666. Now how cool was that. :049:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=10407.msg123695#msg123695 date=1224849744]
The first 200 numbers e.g 08 D 1 to 08 D 200 I think it is are all kept for people who want to buy them. So there would be a good chance of 84 being available
[/quote]

the mayor gets 09 D 1 every year
I think its just first come,first served for any reg but i stand to be corrected!!!
:ponder2: :ponder2:

Back