Now I have an STI :-)

Tombusa

Sunday Drivers
Picked it up on Fri 13:

First: I locked myself out of my apartment cos I thought the kilo of clifford goodies in my pocket included the house keys (had to use a ladder to climb back in)
Second: the Clifford decided it was being hijacked outside the British Embassy to that was fun :angry1:
Third: Then I locked the keys into the boot.... :iamwithstupid:

Once I had the requisite three bad lucks I took it for an introduction last night.

I'm still a bit jerky finding bite point in Gears 1 and 2, but life starts in 3rd :subaru:

I swear I could see the fuel gauge sinking in real time ...... :clap: but that's what happens when you're coming from avensisland....

Have to get used to not being able to start at the head of the traffic lights after Hayabusaland

Question:
I'm wondering about a sloshing sound that comes from around the glove box region.

Also - this is prob really really really really basic but there is a button called waterpray down right from the steering wheel - what is that for and am I supposed to top it up with water r what?

Sorry if that's a very simple question:
We're dealing with someone here guys who isn't very sure just what a limited slip differential does.... :multijump:

thanks

tom

Waterspray is for spraying water to the intercooler!

Get some pics up!! Good luck with it!  :thumbsup: :subaru:

Tom the waterspray is for the intercooler and would only need to be used if your doing a track day or driving your car really hard. It just sprays water on the intercooler to keep it cool. I think they can be set to AUTO not sure as I dont have an STI.

The water spray you will have to top up from time to time. You will get a warning on the dash in yellow saying I/C Spray.

Depending on the year of your car the IC Spray top up is either in the engine (drivers side behind headlight) or else its in the boot at the back of the rear seats.

The slooshing could be the coolant going into your heater matrix. Have you got the heat on when it happens?

Tells us some details about the car.

just check the coolant level in the rad mate!!!!
sloshing is the circulation of water but make have air in the system!!!!
what year is the car ???
in the back right quarter panel if newage!!!!
under the bonnet if classic AFAIK...other lads can confirm!!!

good luck with the new motor!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jeekers that was quick :geek:

thanks for that

It's an 06 wrx sti in a very rare colour - blue :icon_headbang:

It seems in very nice order.

and it has lots of goodies that - - - go beep

congrats tom you should put some pics on biker.ie i'm sure everyone would love to hear all about it :lol:
well wear man :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=13599.msg168408#msg168408 date=1237075197]
Jeez that was quick mate :thumbsup:

Did you buy from Carroll & Roche?
[/quote]

yip

Best of luck with new motor
A fine example also
:thumbsup:
[quote author=Tombusa link=topic=13599.msg168294#msg168294 date=1237056715]
Picked it up on Fri 13:

First: I locked myself out of my apartment cos I thought the kilo of clifford goodies in my pocket included the house keys (had to use a ladder to climb back in)
Second: the Clifford decided it was being hijacked outside the British Embassy to that was fun :angry1:
Third: Then I locked the keys into the boot.... :iamwithstupid:

Once I had the requisite three bad lucks I took it for an introduction last night.

I'm still a bit jerky finding bite point in Gears 1 and 2, but life starts in 3rd :subaru:

I swear I could see the fuel gauge sinking in real time ...... :clap: but that's what happens when you're coming from avensisland....

Have to get used to not being able to start at the head of the traffic lights after Hayabusaland

Question:
I'm wondering about a sloshing sound that comes from around the glove box region.

Also - this is prob really really really really basic but there is a button called waterpray down right from the steering wheel - what is that for and am I supposed to top it up with water r what?

Sorry if that's a very simple question:
We're dealing with someone here guys who isn't very sure just what a limited slip differential does.... :multijump:

thanks

tom

[/quote]

Very nice motor mate!  :thumbsup: :subaru:

What do you make of it so far? Power delivery etc is obviously not on a par with a bike!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For posting pics open an account on photobucket.com, upload the pics then paste the img code straight into your post!

Back