Not Cranking 2004 STI

Aido 8sti

Hi guys looking for some guidance please.

So tried starting the scooby and got a bit of a crank from it but after several attempts after that there is nothing at all. With a multi meter I checked the battery and all is good, connections are fine also. Could it be a fuse ?? but which fuse ???. Help much appreciated .

Regards Aidan

Check fuel pump fuse but it could be a crank sensor possibly, hard to diagnose a non start over the internet to be honest man .

Cheers man but I'm having trouble locating fuel pump fuse, checked the fuse box beside the steering wheel and under the bonnet but no luck ?? Car has lights on the dash but nothing happens when i try to crank her.

A load test on the battery would be preferable to checking voltage with a Multimeter, a spare battery or a second car with jump leads would be the best check imo.

At a guess it’s the battery. When was it started last . Try it with jump leads

No clicking whats so ever Joe and started it 10 days ago or maybe less, tried 3 other cars with the multi meter so think the battery is fine but I hope its not as it would be a lovely easy fix. Will give it a jump start tomorrow with leads so fingers crossed,:) thanks chaps.

There is a fuse chart on the back of the drawer/fuse cover , easy to find or just pull them out and check all of them .
stupid question but is there fuel in it

A Multimeter will prove there is The correct voltage present but not guarantee there is enough Amps available to power the starter

Bet it’s the battery there a simple car . Turn on the headlights full abs turn the key will tell you fairly quick or put the multi meter on it then and see

There is a fuse chart on the back of the drawer/fuse cover , easy to find or just pull them out and check all of them .
stupid question but is there fuel in it
Yup checked the inside covers for fuel pump on both covers no luck ?? maybe I missed it ??
Yes half tank of fuel in there. Hope you guys are right and battery is tired, roll on tomorrow evening

Yup checked the inside covers for fuel pump on both covers no luck ?? maybe I missed it ??
Yes half tank of fuel in there. Hope you guys are right and battery is tired, roll on tomorrow evening
Did you pull out all the fuses and check them?

How's it going aiden there is a fairly fresh battery in it but if its not being used can run down fuel pump is fresh as well not many miles on it try jump start move it into gear might move the starter a bit. Should hear fuel pump and if it's a stuck starter or dead battery it will click when you turn the key also don't forget to press the button on key after ignition lights come on or maybe swap keys as well its something simple

Aye guys thanks so much for the the tips much appreciated, so the update is I gave Joe a buzz for a chat on it and I bought a new battery today for it but no luck. Joe insisted on the 80A fuse even yesterday but I could not clearly see that it was snapped. But today I unscrewed it took it out for a closer look and there is no doubt its snapped. So going to buzz Subaru in the morning and order it so hopefully this will get the STI up and running again. I will update thanks so much guys (y) (y) (y)

Back