IMG_6168.jpg

Its now sleeping and does the odd bit of this:

dirty.jpg

But then went onto this, bought it pretty rough, and made it all nice:

11062009385.jpg

Broke it for parts then bought this:

IMG_3230.jpg

And now its for sale to make way for a blob eye STi :multijump:

But been told that the blob eye engine isnt much more reliable than the classic versions? I though the new shape Impreza's were alot more reliable?

blobeye would be the same engine as the classic so no different but they shouldnt have as many miles on them.

if there looked after they will be fine but coming from your hondas wont help, as they like to rev and scoobies dont!!

go for as clean and as a low milage car as you can.

Welcome Enda,I've also had a DC2 type-r,an Evo VI and a DC5 type-r in that order. With regards Subaru engines-a lot of the unreliability issues are down to wrong fuel and poor servicing.You just cant approach them with the attitude "sure it'll be fine for another 3k" or "i'm sure ordinary unleaded is ok" The new age cars do have a stronger bottom end,I'd recommend a type UK car as they were mapped for 98 octane from new,so running one on maxols E5 should eliminate the need for booster or mapping.

Welcome Enda from DTD

You came to the right spot for scoobies :lol:

Enda

Its time to forget everything you have ever heard about "Chocolate blocks" and "flat 4 softness", The truth is....... They are every bit as reliable as any other engine! They just work slightly differently and therefore need to be looked after and driven in a slightly different mannor!

The truth about the engines is, Nothing will ever sound as good, Nothin else pulls exactly the same way and only people who are lucky ever drive something as good as a Scooby

Treat her right and she will be on song when you want her..... Treat her like a Honda and rev the balls off her..... Get ready for heartache!!!!!

Reliability is down to the driver and how she has been treated in the past!!!!

welcome along enda.. nice motors...

i am a honda head aswell.. had all the above and loved them.. have a jdm blob eye last 2 years and not a bother great car.. any questions just ask

[quote author=padraic link=topic=24019.msg285840#msg285840 date=1275415918]
welcome along enda.. nice motors...

i am a honda head aswell.. had all the above and loved them.. have a jdm blob eye last 2 years and not a bother great car.. any questions just ask
[/quote]

How does it compare? :icon_grin:

Back