No hot air...

Y

YouDog

Alright lads, typical with the freezing weather, snow etc and being broke after xmas that the fan in the car would stop blowing hot air... nightmare trying to get the window defogged in the mornings and im like an eskimo in the car driving around..
any ideas of cheap fixes for this? Have checked rad etc and theres enough water in her an all...

cheers lads

Try turning it up to 32 and see if that works.Some legacys including my own have a little glitch whereby you only get heat above 30.

Thanks but tried that already.... put in a band expander last wek so wondering did i knock something out of the back of the fan unit, fan is still blowing cold air though so probably not..

Maybe you might have an air bubble, know its not the same both cousins mirca had the
same problem,fan working and blowin cold air. Air bubble was the problem.
Took off the top water pipe that was going into the car.(car running) and water and coolant
mix poured into the radiator. Nice and steady,then as the top pipe gets hot and water is coming
out put back on and tightened. Now the car is toasty warm. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

More than likely air in the cooling system ... dont know is there a screw for bleeding anywhere on your car but the way I always remove air locks is to leave the cap off the header tank with the heater and fan fully on and wait until all bubbles have gone

As above, could be air locked. Happened to mine.

Subaru coolant systems are a pain in the arse for air locks...

Take the rad cap off and leave the car running until the rad fan kicks in. You might get a bit of coolant pouring out, thats ok as its just pushing the air out. Top back up then as required and check if you have hot air...

Steve.

Check for any coolant leaks or could be air,

Same thing happened to me over xmas and got a new rad and thermostat, bled the system and was grand and then over heated new years. Only had cold air etc.

Got a genuine theormastat and I had a leak in one of the pipes which was causing the overheating.Make sure you check for coolant in the resovoir on the block and not just the coolant bottle. Picking it up 2M from CA who did the work, Hope its ok! :ponder:

Godd luck with your jammer :subaru:

Thanks for the advice lads, will try tonight and let yous know how i get on

Back