D

DEVO

:lolpoint:hi guys im new,i drive a toyota levin 20valve,but soon to be a owner if all goes well on a legacy gtb twin turbo :049:,i wil needs to no everything about them so going to put a thread up now looks a great site

i my aswell give details of car guys,it has 120kms on the clock,the timing belt and water pump and tensioner done at 115kms,he says its boosting jus over 1bar,pretty standard,but guys i dont have a bulls clue about turbos,boostin ha as im an na head,its all new to me are these reliable,i dont want to get a car that will give me hassle. thank you

If you get it mapped for our sh1t Irish fuel then you wont have problems with it. Until you get it mapped use Maxol E5 petrol and some octane booster like Lucas or NF.

Its like anything else, if you treat it like sh1t then its gonna blow. No engine likes that.

ye iv heard tat it needs to be mapped alrite,there is a maxol only down the road from me,if i always use tat would it be ok,also i understand if u treat it like sh*t, but i always service the cars every 6000kms,i use a fully synthetic oil,also can these cars take a bit of going ie stick,anything i should look out for. ty

fully sysnthetic not best oil bit more thicker for extra protection maybe turbos dif,i use it on my levin hasn burned one bit of oil,theres always mixed opinions on semi and fully anyway

cheers mate wel jus looking for wat to look out for on the legacy gtbs twin turbo, 97 model,viewing sat so essential i no wat to look out for guys cheers

not too well up on the gtb.......i presume its an auto so the usual noises from the box or clunking rattles from the engine. get under it and check the exhaust and around the drive shafts and steering rack for any greese or fluid leaks especially around the cv joints. most legacys idle a bit higher at start up then when there warmed up

welcome mate have a levin myself, tryin 2 shift it at the moment 2 buy a scooby. good luck with the hunt :subaru:

Back