Hi all Gary here bought my first ever Subaru today . An all original 1998 Subaru Legacy L 2.2 Auto, amazing thing about it . It came from the UK was imported to Australia and then came back to Ireland and that's not even the amazing part. I GOT IT FOR FREE. Friend didn't have space for it and needed it gone so said if I got it going I cud have it . Had to put the bumper back on and the head lights and put a battery in it. And then I hopped Into and read the mileage and almost fainted 44K NOT 144K 44K. Ive seen 2 year old cars with more mileage. Started up first time had an engine check light il check that tomorrow has an oil leak from the sump probably a gasket or the gasket sealer gone don't know much about these boxer engines so all help appreciated its A 2.2 automatic has all the original items including Subaru Tape deck lol. Has a rear plastic boot protector that says legacy on it all electrics working and hit 112mph on the way home . Want to keep it all factory completely 100 percent how it came from subaru including hubcaps lol I tink its best to keep it like that as no point trying to do things to it .

Attachments

• 20221001_181628.jpg
    20221001_181628.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Welcome along nice legacy and fair low mileage can't beat original car for reliable driving hope you enjoy the forum a good bunch here plenty of good advice and help enjoy

Welcome along garyπŸ‘πŸ‘.

Good story πŸ‘ nearly did more Milage on a boat that on the road . Looks a clean car
The oil might be from the cam seals as the perish over time Or could be the bottom of the sump but they give usually go but check it out πŸ‘
Loads of good advice on here

Welcome along buddy, nice way to get into the subaru scene, it'll be a mighty car to hang on to, rare sight now 😎 best of luck with the journey πŸ˜€

Welcome to the Club, great story to your car.I wish I could get a lovely free car 😁.
Best of luck with your Subaru.πŸ‘

Back