Newage Centre section

mack

ISDC Club Member
Anyone have a straight through or resonated centre section exhaust for UK blob sti,

I have the OEM one on mine and I think it has had it's day, the flange between the box box and the centre section is starting to get worse for ware and wont seal right with new gaskets and isn't helping with emissions reading in the NCT.
I've already changed the gasket between the down pipe and where the oxygen sensor is, as that was definately leaking, also change the metal cone in the next joint back where it meet the centre section.
The NCT emission reading was 1.08 and is now 1.05 with the front gasket changed, but i can hear it leaking at the cone joint( or where the resonator is) and at the joining on the the back box
My preference would be a resonated one, It's my daily drive and would prefer to keep it reasonably quiet (getting old ).

I have a centre section for a classic but its too long, it was on a classic I had years ago.

If I was to buy new, which ones are the prefers options ?

Found this guy on Facebook. Illy McCarron on Facebook would have a few for sale too đź‘Ť

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-140313.png
    Screenshot_20210523-140313.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 9
I just was in the garage and I have one here. Pm me if you want it. Based in Dublin but going to be in Galway in 2 weeks

Thanks very much for the link and the offer Hassen.
I've a guy looking at the centre section from the classic I have later on today.
He does stainless steel welding and I'm looking to see if he can take 90mm out of a section of the pipe.
Its a magnex stainless steel one with a resonator. so hopefully I'll know this evening ....

Back