New STi V New Evo X/Old STi V Old Evo IX

Is there anybody anywhere trying to say the EVO X is better than the new STI??
Every thing I've seen so far is that the EVO Is a big fat pig, and the STI Is a proper little rocket!
Dan

look how stable and balanced the Impreza's are through the slalom. active yaw control me bolleex :D

cant believe the new hatch is 1480kg!! thats the same weight as a BE legacy b4 fully loaded! but it still broke 13 which is very respectable

Think the better driver was in the sti the other guy was muck also was the new evo an auto didnt think they made a auto evo (not that i was looking at a new evo) :p
Would have liked to see the wrx up with the evo both with a propper gearbox.
I think the new subaru would be for me if i had the funds still not sure on the looks. :dunno:

for car choice its evo x for me........

lets get the shooting begin.......... :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

I hear Eric is a good marksman, time to gang up on Dave methinks

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=4968.msg54750#msg54750 date=1200435672]
for car choice its evo x for me........

lets get the shooting begin.......... :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

[/quote]

thats aload of IMOCS :D

well ye have to see it..

i've seen the 2 in flesh at the autosport show on friday and sure wat can ye do.......

Image086.jpg

Image054.jpg

can't find pictures of the black one?

But obviuosly i've at least the next 30 years owning and tuning the imprezas upto 2007 so i've nothing to fear of switching over to the darkside.......... :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

and by then i'll be too old................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

their both ugly..evo less ugly but has gotten fat..sti more ugly but has got faster...hard choice..I would take the scooby but they feel better built..especially the interior.....I dont think ive ever been in a mitsubishi interior that i liked horrible cheap plastics..
Mitsubishi have just announced a Ralliart lancer as well looks just like the EVo and is to go head to head with the WRX..apparently its much lighter but

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=4968.msg54746#msg54746 date=1200435377]
also was the new evo an auto
[/quote]

correct

before going for the subaru i played with the idea of getting the new evo but after seeing it and hearing alot about it i decided against, for me it has to be subaru i guess its loyalty

Saw these last night, great reviews for the new STi, the evo's look rubbish, especially the SST one...

Not sure where this link takes you as I'm writing in work and can;t see youtube but I found these vids last night myself and saw one with drag and handling test, pitty they didn;t put up the 5MT evo for a proper comparison

But I did see the track test with both evo X's, evo 9, MY06 and the new Sti MY08? ( please correct me if it is the MY07 or something different) and the MY06 kicked ass, beating everything including the new impreza. MY08 was second followed by the evo 9, the evo X5MT and in last the evo XSST, seems subarus are the king of the track... especially the best looking one there, the MY06!

STI all the way! I think it looks well! Don't like the look of the Evo at all! It's the same story as always! Good to see the STI out preforming the Evo in all Areas though!

[quote author=Cill link=topic=4968.msg54914#msg54914 date=1200491735]
Saw these last night, great reviews for the new STi, the evo's look rubbish, especially the SST one...

Not sure where this link takes you as I'm writing in work and can;t see youtube but I found these vids last night myself and saw one with drag and handling test, pitty they didn;t put up the 5MT evo for a proper comparison

But I did see the track test with both evo X's, evo 9, MY06 and the new Sti MY08? ( please correct me if it is the MY07 or something different) and the MY06 kicked ass, beating everything including the new impreza. MY08 was second followed by the evo 9, the evo X5MT and in last the evo XSST, seems subarus are the king of the track... especially the best looking one there, the MY06!
[/quote]

no the new sti won it..with the my06 sti in second

even the clocks look better in the sti..id have it no question..and who in their right mind would buy an evo with an auto box??? :ponder: :dunno:

unless you couldnt drive a manual.... :subaru:

Back