New Proposed Track Day Date , 29th October

does anybody know what time this gets started i here its a good 2 hours drive from dublin

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys but I haven't been able to get online this past few days as my ISP was down .

I've just read an e-mail Trackskills sent out to all on their mailing list to say that the track day is fully booked ! I sent Donal an e-mail last week to book myself in and advised him to expect a few members of the ISDC as well so hopefully he has kept a few places for us . I said in that e-mail that I would get back to him asap with final numbers .

I'm guessing that this is the final list of members attending -

Turbo
Niall
Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis
tractorman / Alan and Des Cahill/STI

I'll send him an e-mail now to tell him to expect 6 more ISDC members & get him to confirm that he can fit us in . When I get a reply I'll let you all know the score .

I've heard back from Donal today . He has 2 scoobs already booked in belonging to Des Cahill and Gary Wady , not sure if the second one is a club member .

Unfortunately because we didn't book our places in time he can't fit in all the cars on the list ( you were warned ! ) . He is willing to squeeze in 2 cars but they need to be certain that they will attend . I need to send him the full names & car details of the 2 members that are going . This will be on a first come , first served basis so the first 2 people to PM their details to me will get the places .

PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS A JOKE,TURBO SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY PERSON INTERESTED IN THIS EVENT,IE ORIGINAL POSTS.DATES,PRICES,INSTRUCTORS,REFERENCES,ETC

AS A ISDC CLUB EVENT THIS SUCKS.I BOOKED TIME OFF WORK WEEKS AGO THINKING THAT THE CLUB WOULD HAVE ORGANISED WITH TRACKSKILL
WHY GET ALIST OF NAMES AND WAIT UNTIL A COUPLE OF DAY BEFORE TO ORGANISE?

HAVE NOW TRIED MONDELLO FOR THE MONDAY,GUESS WHAT,ITS BOOKED OUT.NEEDLES TO SAY I'M TOTALLY PIZZED OFF. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
YOURS
ALAN
P.S. HAS THE CLUB ORGANISED THE ROLLING ROAD OR DO WE WAIT UNTILL THE WEEK BEFORE?

Hi Alan, your point is taken, but this wasn't an offical track day organised by the club. There is a very important distinction here between the first trackday thread (14/15 Oct) and the second (29th Oct).
It was clearly stated in the first two lines of the new trackday thread:
[quote author=Derek ]
Unfortunately there weren't enough members interested to make running our own track day feasible. Stuart asked me to enquire about us joining in with the Trackskills public track day at Kirkiston race track on Sunday 29th October.
[/quote]
As opposed to what we had said in the original trackday thread:
[quote author=Niallboy ]
The track is ours for the day you can do 1 lap or 10 or more. The main reasons for choosing Kirkstown over Mondello
A) We have it to ourselves
B) Instructors provided
C) Price cheaper than Mondello for the day
D) We are coverd by THEIR Insurance
Hope to see ye all there.
[/quote]
If we had still been running this trackday we would have been looking for deposits from the members who were willing to attend. In the past the club ran their own day and lost money because the numbers were down on the day and no deposits were taken.
Derek (Turbo) asked for a number of places for Club members to be reserved and it was up to him or those members to ring and reserve their places, as he said himself places were going fast.
When the Club does try again to organise a trackday, all members will be informed and those wishing to take part will have to pay a deposit to ensure it goes ahead.
The Committee will discuss this and hopefully sort one out for the not too distant future.
And as for the ISDC Rolling road Day, it is going ahead (with costs now reduced further :thumbsup:) as we have enough members to run it and there's no upfront outlay for the club involved.

Regards
ISDC Committee

Being only a member for the last couple of months,this was never mentioned,i thought if it was advertised on the home page and in the club events that would have been organised by the club.Otherwise i would have no problem organising to contact trackskill myself.

As for the rolling road,how do we pay a deposit and to whom?Its not far away.

thanks for you reply,but i dont think i should have been advertised on the HOME PAGE,very misleading
i.e. if i was to have a knitting competion in my house with some club members,i can advertise it on the HOME PAGE.(MAYBE NOT A GOOD IDEA WITH THE KNITTING PART)but you can get the jist

regards
Alan

Hi Alan, There's no deposit required for the RR day, once your name is down arrive and pay your fee once you've rolled :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

As previously said this wasn't a ISDC club event.....

Every year at the AGM and on the site people ask for us to organise a track day but when they see the price they pull out :roll:
I personnally looked into getting Mondello for a half day for the club but the cost was ridiculous :angry:

Oh and I'm sure that there is space on the committee for a new events co-ordinator next year so maybe you'll volunteer :thumbsup:

Alan.

My feckin box is still not ready. just left the cluch off with him thinking that it was. And the feckin thing not even split yet  :wall: :hang: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

No doubt about it, it was made clear that the track day for the 29th was not been organised by the club. It was also very clear to me that it was Turbo who was supposed to be organising it with his contact Donal. He was the one asking for lists of names and everybody that was interested signed up (thinking that he was going to book it for us). As far as I can see, there was no mention of BOOKING SEPERATELY for ourselves. Why didnt he try book the track day earlier instead of arsing about? or at least tell us to call them ouselves? I personally am totally pi**ed off and think this is a load of my Bo)(ox! How can it be that up to 15 clubmembers have been talking about this for over a month now and we all got it wrong in thinking it was for certain???????????????????????????

Johnny5 - I would've booked us in no problem if I'd known who was going . I put up a post on the 18th Oct warning you that the places were booking up fast & asking members to confirm if they were definately going . Only 4 members had the manners to confirm that they weren't going . You put up a post about travel times without having the decency to say yes I'm going .

You posted ' Why didnt he try book the track day earlier instead of arsing about?' The reason was that I couldn't just go ahead & tell Donal that there are 15 ISDC members coming to his track day & then only 3 turn up . It would've pissed him off as well as making the club look bad .

Only one person has had the manners to PM me & book one place so there is still one place left . I am going to send Donal their details & if anyone else wants to go they can contact Donal themselves & say they are an ISDC member & they want the last place . I am having nothing more to do with this affair & it's the last time I try to do you guys any favours .

:angry: Turbo

why should i hav to confirm a second time if i was the first too put my name down in the first place ,them other lads only told you they were nt going after you asked them and i wasnt the only one the rest of the lads didnt confirm either because they all taugh the same as me ITS SORTED.niallyboy was the only one to confirm he wanted an insturctor .

im just pissed off like everybody else that taugh this was sorted ,five or six of us cant be wrong

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:johnny666

JO HNNY5,LETS PUT THIS TO BED,THERE IS ONE PLACE LEFT,LETS GO RACING.TAKE THE ANGER OUT ON THAT OTHER TURBO UNDER YOUR BONNET.MAKE IT 5 SUBARUS IN KIRKISTOWN

why should i hav to confirm a second time

I'll refer you to the post I made 18th Oct .

[glow=red,2,300]How many of the people on the list above are definately coming[/glow] & how many of you would need an instructor session ? I want to [glow=red,2,300]book us in asap as he limits the number of cars[/glow] so that everybody gets plenty of track time . I'll also need to let him know if he needs to have an extra instructor available .

In that post I asked you to confirm a second time if you were definately coming . Some guys confirmed that they were or were not going but you , amongst others didn't bother replying . You were warned that the places were booking up fast & I needed you to confirm asap .

Back