New -Old Member

Welcome back man, great to hear you still have it.
What was your old username?

Welcome along πŸ‘πŸ‘put up a few photos of the car . Or your old forum name πŸ‘πŸ‘ 2.1 sound good and a nice spec

Its been awhile since its been built, so a bit rusty on whats done, but basically 25-30k worth of parts. everything is new or refurbished. The only part of the car that hasnt been touch is the box.
Changed anything that was even remotely tired or perished, trims, clips , rubber, seats etc . Even hand the two front windows sanded and polished becuase of light scratchs! It all adds up

Importcarparts done well from me!

Johnny Hawthorne Built the stroker and Peter Simmons Mapped it. Done a mega job!

Had a bad luck with another mapper in galway that everyone raves about, and the customer service was an utter joke. After the V4 engine went bang for the 2nd time I let Jonny work his magic and started with a new block on the 2.1 build.

Peter and Jonny left the engine running perfect, been running like a rolex this past few years now

Engine:
New semi closed short block.
2.1 stroker kit
Upgraded head studs
nismo 555cc injectors
Harvey Up pipe
Ported headers
Fujitsubo exhausht Turbo back
FMIC
Sard fuel reg
Baffled Sump and longer pickup pipe
VF48 Turbo
Pink Exceedy Clutch
Lightend Flywheel
All new oem coolant hoses and system etc.
ESL Ecu with motorsport pack, antilag and launch
Prob loads of little bits I'm forgetting

Suspension:
BC coilovers 4/3 Springs with matched dampers
Adjustable ARB's
2.25 quick rack

Brakes
335mm fronts split disk, ds2500 pads (godspeed big brake kit)
Braded Lines
kelver pads rear
C hook discs
Dot 5 brake fluid

Attachments

• 20210724_215848.jpg
    20210724_215848.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210724_220145.jpg
    20210724_220145.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 20210724_215851.jpg
    20210724_215851.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210724_215836.jpg
    20210724_215836.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20220312-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20220312-WA0009.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20220312-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20220312-WA0011.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200727_144450.jpg
    20200727_144450.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Sounds like a fair amount of work went into it alright man lol fair play, took a long time I'd imagine. Looks flawless πŸ‘Œ
Where in the country you from? Lot of upcoming club meets, should deffo consider joining as a full member and get full use of the club πŸ˜€

serious build with some great parts in into it what kinda power is it running . Money doesn’t be long adding up when you start into it with Different parts πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

Ye some mappers are hard to get but there’s a good few doing now aswell but least your sorted now πŸ‘
Hopefully see it at a few events during the year and have a look around πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Welcome back....beautiful car you have there...
Very similar to my first ever scooby, so I'll always have a soft spot for a white type r

serious build with some great parts in into it what kinda power is it running . Money doesn’t be long adding up when you start into it with Different parts πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

Ye some mappers are hard to get but there’s a good few doing now aswell but least your sorted now πŸ‘
Hopefully see it at a few events during the year and have a look around πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nothing major power wise as I'm on the 5 speed. 1.2/1.3 bar about 330bhp torque similar on irish 95ron. Block is built for 500bhp.

It's crossed my mind to go for 450-500bhp, but I would be afraid of losing driveability. Again a new turbo,clutch,6 speed, injectors etc. Sure it would be another 6-8k.

At the moment, its pulls from 2.5k to redline. So you can have nice sprinted drive 2.5-5.5k without driving the nuts out of it.

To be fair it's quick, my brothers skyline is 480bhp and off the line to 100mph mine has the edge, but 100+ then he's gone but in fairness when can you drive like that. So is there a point looking for more.

I spent enough time getting it to this stage where its well built and reliable. Do I really want to start again ? Although I might pickup a jdm 6 speed dccd to have in the garage before they can't be got.

Sounds like a fair amount of work went into it alright man lol fair play, took a long time I'd imagine. Looks flawless πŸ‘Œ
Where in the country you from? Lot of upcoming club meets, should deffo consider joining as a full member and get full use of the club πŸ˜€

Fair bit of work, basically stripped to bare shell and started again, underneath all repainted in OEM colours , bolts rezinc in OEM gold/yellow etc. the usual crack.

In meath, will join up sure, often said it to my brother ( has a v1 wrx) we should head to a few meets. Will get it out this summer, never bothered with much last year. Took it out last weekend and remembered why I fell in love with the car again.

Nothing can rekindle the love for a subaru moreso than 20 or 30 subarus in a line through the twisty roads we have here πŸ€œπŸ€›

Back