New M3 toll minimum traffic contract.

H

hiwd

Saw this on Octane and thought I'd post here... :icon_hang:

Taxpayers will have to compensate the operators of the new M3 motorway if the number of motorists using the road falls below agreed targets, it has emerged.

For the first time, the National Roads Authority has agreed a "minimum traffic level" in its contract with the toll company Eurolink.

If traffic falls below expectations, the State will have to make up the shortfall in payments to the firm.

The NRA says the agreement is necessary to attract private investment in the project.

The controversial €650m motorway, which passes through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co Meath, is due to open in the middle of next year.
Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...te-m3-toll-firm-for-light-traffic-422008.html

Sorry meant to post this in the off topic section. Can a mod move it please?

Thanks,

Steve.

aren't eurolink the spanish company the run the M4 toll ??

Again as above insane agreement and all profit taken back out of our economy... :angry1: :angry1:

As above, complete joke.

And the old road is probably going to be shorter and quicker as the new motorway zig-zags across the countryside so why should I pay them :cuckoo:

was told the other day that there is likely to be 2 tolls on the new M3........

Glad I dont use the road but i think its a frickin joke that we have to pay road tax (to pay for the upkeep of the roads) and then pay tolls (also to pay for the upkeep of the roads) `
Fair enough its keeping me in a job at the moment but im just giving my money straight back to them robbin fricks

its a pure fooking joke as if we are not bloody paying enough on the roads with tax
looking at bying a new sti impreza an to tax it for a year is over €2.500 euro joke :icon_cry:

plus they have a bran new one built here in portlaoise on the new m7 bypass heading
to limerick an there is talks thats going to be big money :icon_evil:

Are they after puttin a toll on there now 2???
I worked on the Nenagh bypass there about a year ago for a few months and there was no talk of that goin in then....

yeah its in an all brother because i am building my new house just up the road from it an see it everyday lad
pure bloody joke :doh:

Back