New legacy owner!(Now with pic)

Re: New legacy owner!

hopefully its only the turbo..wasnt too bad on the pocket but if its the piston it will be bad on the pockets and ill have to re-think the whole thing cause i need a reliable car,i have a 525i sport e34 but my plan was to rebuild that and if the scooby is off the road then that plan goes up in smoke,
haha bloody cars!!

well if it idled fine wouldn't say piston.......... v you never said that bit..........?????

haha dont get my hopes up,its idlying ok considering there is still lots of oil to be burnt off..haha,
Please god its only the turbo..haha :D

Suppose i better throw up a picture!
Legacy%20rs1.jpg

Looks like you were right about the piston mate,
Started it and didnt feel right at all,gonna do a compression test 2moro,
If it is im half thinking of impreza engine with impreza single turbo and ecu,alot more parts and stuff available
Is it do-able do yous think?
Thanks
Dar

Dave Leggy had the STI engine in his one and it was very good.

sorry to hear lad (just read full post now)
i have the same car as you albeit 2 years older.
if i were u id go for a rebuild - surely cheaper than a new engine ??
i'm getting mine remapped in the coming weeks so drop me a pm if you have any questions :thumbsup:

can i ask what miles you had and any mods ?

there is 150kms on the clock,nothing really mods engine wise,hks exhaust,decat still in place in exhaust,must get a decat for it..its too quiet for a boxer,air filter,earth kit,greddy gauges,cusco lower bars and anti roll bars, thats about it,
Would you recommend anyone for the rebuild?
Thanks alot
Please keep me up to date with the remap as i will defo want to do it..maybe we could get a bit of discount for the 2 of us?
Thanks
Darren

Someone might sell you a rebuilt engine. Just post in the wanted section... It would be less time consuming if you got one straight away...

I know some of the lads here would recommend Ali Burrows for it. I got my engine rebuilt to a much higher standard by East Coast Customs. www.eastcoastcustomsonline.co.uk  . They were good as far as I'm concerned. Shop around tho and see what people can offer you. Its much cheaper to get major work done up north.

Yeah rang burrows and hes flat out for the next 3 weeks,thats were id ideally want it rebuilt, ive no problem trailoring it somewere, if its done right!

sorry to hear your troubles mate , have been there meself, it will be worth it when she done right

have to say its a lovely legacy seen a good few around, and they werent as nice as that

[EDIT]

Sorry but only Full ISDC Members are permitted to post private sales of Subarus/Subaru products on this website.

[EDIT]

Back