New Knocklink for sale - SOLD

Re: New Knocklink for sale

thats a good price for a brand new knocklink...that should be snapped up real quick Alan... :thumbsup:

ill have that alan,ill ring you tomorrow about picking it up.thanks

ya if i dont change my mind again

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=4594.msg49104#msg49104 date=1197672203]
ill have that alan,ill ring you tomorrow about picking it up.thanks
[/quote]

No probs :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Alan.

i know il sound the plank !!!
but wat exactly is a knocklink , eg wat it looks like , where does it go and wat does it do??
still learnin !!!!!!!!!!!!!! but gettin there

Below is a picture of one and the details from there site. The normal price for one is around €210 - €220

"KnockLink is an LED bar graph display designed for monitoring engine noise, particularly engine knock (detonation / pre-ignition).  KnockLink can be used with almost any type of factory knock sensor and has a built in sensitivity adjustment to allow the display to be tailored to any application and engine noise level.

Most modern engines will already have a knock sensor fitted as standard, but any type of knock sensor may be fitted as required.  The sensor is normally screwed into a boss on the engine block although some manufacturers fit the sensor in the inlet manifold (especially Ford).  In either case, the sensor must be in such a position that block vibrations are coupled to the sensor.

Assuming the engine is operating correctly, the LEDs will show only background noise which will rise in proportion to engine power output.  Any abrupt rise in signal level at any time is an indication that detonation is occurring.  Early detection of severe detonation can help prevent engine destruction.

Whether installed permanently or used as a temporary diagnostic tool, the KnockLink can help detect detonation / pre-ignition, optimise advance and prevent costly engine failure"

Back