New Foz owner-looking to sort handling

T

Tao

Hi all,
I've been putting up with how my forester 05 MY 2.5 xt understers and squeels and rolls through corners for a couple of years believing I wouldn't hold on to her long enough to put the money into sorting the suspension and putting new shoes on all round...

However with the recent drop in the value of my Foz being worse than what's happening to the banks out there :shock: I might be holding on to her for a while and am looking to get the suspension sorted and more than likely put more grunt in too.

As some of you might know Fozzies have a big forum of their own but its very ‘States bisased so all the parts availability and places to get work done and prices obviously don’t translate too well. Any recommendations for , where to pick up parts and getting the work done in Ireland?

Getting her to handle better than a liffey taxi is the first priority grunt second.

As a mannerly newbie I've been busily searching and going through the post history but Dan's spend on his STI is in a different league...but Dave legacy might be the man even if I have smaller ambitions?

Cheers for any steer!
Dave

Welcome along mate, you've certainly been doing your research.

I think Dans jeep, oops I mean forester is the perfect place to start. Handling wise what he has done is reasonable in terms of money, ie. lowering springs, adjustable anti-roll bars and geometry set-up. Not sure if he has done anything else but I'll tell you something she fairly handles well, I think every member of this club will vouch for that, Dan is very generous with his passenger seat down @ Mondello :D

Welcome along mate, as said dan most definitely your man, or one of the traders here jomo seems to do a lot of work regarding geometry and setups :thumbsup:
Derek

welcome to the club mate Dan is definately the best person to talk to i've had the privilage of drivin his forester and it sticks to the road he has it set up perfect and if u ever get a chance go down to mondello on a trackday and just watch how he can just throw her around dunlop corner :thumbsup:

Nice one lads - I'll build me a Lidl version of Dans motor :D

Welcome along. You'll defo get what you need here. As for brakes and springs you can get K-sport 8 & 6 pot caliper and Discs from Richie in Proparts, you also get White Line stuff like anti roll bars, Lift kits, Strut braces, Lowering Springs and much more there to but most traders here do stuff like that. Just look at the traders section and start to PM if you are a full member or ring them if your not.

Don't forget that most Traders give discount to full payed up members of upto 10% on parts and labour.

Welcome along :thumbsup:
Brian said it all there! Whiteline Control springs specificly for the SG9 foz, there firm up the ride nicely, (to much for my heavily pregnant wifey at the time) But other wise they are just right,! you should probably go for front and rear adjustable anti roll bars, (I just have the rear one as my front sti item is adiquate),Also whiteline
Any of the traders will sort you out with the above items!
Get yours self a set of 18"X7.5" wheels 100X5 pcd and 48mm offset with 235/45/18" good tyres (STI Brembos will bolt straight on under them)
When you have all this then off to Johnny99 (JOMO) to get everything pointing in the right direction! (geometry setup) Don't bother with anywere else, seriously!
You wont know the car! and She'll look savage!
Power wise there is A load of Impreza bits that will bolt on to great effect! To be fair to Davelegacy (STI Tuning) If he says it will cost X amount, Produce X amout of bhp and react like X, then that is exactly what will happen, He's has done all the engine work on my car and she's done lods of trackdays, drag runs and handling course work and She's never missed a beat!
Best of luck! Let me know if I can be of any more assistance!
As lads said before, Most traders offer good discounts for full members! It may be a worth while investment!
Dan

thanks a million lads especially Dan :dance:-I'll let you know how i get on
Dave

Back