Need help with parts (Front Driveshafts)

KrakityJones

ISDC Club Member
This car.. i'm very close to giving up on it. My shaking issue came back with a vengance, has been diagnosed now as front drive shafts - need 2 complete units. Garage it's with is struggling to find the parts but they're happy to fit if I can source.

so.. finding the right goddamn part number. I think it's one of these
28321SA033
28321FE171

Which matches this : https://www.auto-doc.ie/ridex/15208903

Then there's also this which has a different number again:

My head is effing addled with this, I was 3 months waiting on bits last time so if anyone can offer any advise I'll be grateful.

Just in case anyone is ever looking for this in future - confirmed with Subaru Ireland part no is 28321SA033 - they want €690 each for driveshaft though!! Ordered from auto-doc for €104 each

Are you sure it’s not a wheel or tyre issue?
Only reason I’m asking is I had a vibration at motorway speed before and a different set of wheels with new tyres cured it

Fairly sure - only noticable on acceleration, if it were wheels would be there the whole time I'd have thought. The lads looking at it this time are confident that's it. Screw it, tisn't mad money to change them anyway so might as well. At the rate I'm going I'll have a new forester assembled shortly. If it's still there after I might be bugging someone to borrow a set of wheels to check that.

Other thing to check is that the gearbox and rear diff ratios are the same , could have have a box change before you had it and the rear diff is same or vice versa

Back