NCT Update

05 scooby

Sunday Drivers
ISDC Club Member
MY NCT is up in Sepetember but given the shocking dates being given on NCTS online I have been keeping and eye out for cancellations. So on Thursday Morning the earliest available date was 2nd February 2024. I went on again Thursday night just before midnight and there was about 6 free slots open for my local NCT in Portlaoise for the following day.
I booked the slot for the next day and she sailed through and passed with only a tyre over 6 year old advisory. Happy Man for another 14 months.
Id say its the same story accross most NCT centres.
On a side note out of 10 cars there at the time at least 50% got fails them lads cant do much if the machine says no.

I think there was another thread on here about NCT discussion and someone mentioned that Tuesday morning around 1am is when the booking system is sorted or reset or something to that affect and thats the best time to get a cancellation.

I'm DOE man at the moment so not up to speed but brought my Mrs car for an NCT on Sunday morning and absolutely no one in there, the 2 lads that were testing were bored af.
I don't know why there are such a long waiting times

As said above, cancellations go live on the NCT website at 23:35. If you're seriously stuck that's the time to log on.

I'm DOE man at the moment so not up to speed but brought my Mrs car for an NCT on Sunday morning and absolutely no one in there, the 2 lads that were testing were bored af.
I don't know why there are such a long waiting times
Nobody is sober enough on a Sunday morning to go to the NCT LOL

Back