NCT Question

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Just wondering has anybody come across this before.

My partner Sinead had her car test in December it failed , drivers
light not focused correctly.

Re-Tested last week passed :)
but now they want her to bring the car back in June for a NEW FUCKING TEST :angry: :angry:

Is this correct ??? i thought the test lasted 2 yrs ???

The car is a 03 and in perfect condition

Niall.

The same thing happend to me on my levin it failed because over the lights were not focused correctly

so i went off and got it fixed came back a week later and it passed but they only gave me m NCT for 1 year :dunno:

he said i was because its the cars first NCT in this country.. :ponder:

it happened to a neighbours focus the man he bought off of, left the car in his yard a long time and was not using it and he only got 3 months nct so had to go back to nct after 3 months to get a full 2 yrs nct ;)

Thanks lads,

But this car was NCT'd already never a prob , was simply recalled after 2yrs tested,
failed; re-tested & passed ..................so i don't see why it can't get 2yrs like everyone
elese :dunno: :dunno:

Niall :ponder:

Hiya Niall, was just reading through faq's on NCT website, but can't see anything that offers an explanation for such a short cert. Your cert should be valid for 2yrs from the expiration date of previous cert.
I suggest you ring them & demand a proper explanation. Failing that there is a further appeals process (which if I recall correctly is independent) which is actually advertised in the reception areas of nct centres where you can take any further issues you have with the test. No prizes for guessing they don't actually advertise this appeals service on their website but it deffo exists, I was only reading it on the wall there 2 weeks ago when I did my nct :thumbsup:

nct =  national cash takers :lol: :lol: :lol: wat a shower of ..........................................

Money making scam. I had my headlights aligned by 2 different garages and they still failed them!

I think headlight alignment is their "get out of jail free card"

Your dead right Andy i got my head lights done before my NCT

and it still failed, i was soo close to just bring it back up the very

same two weeks later and when it passed lift the cnuts out of it :lol:

but i just wouldnt of had the time if it failed :doh:

might be because its a rover/mg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously if its a 03 it should have been tested in 2007 4 years from its registration date and then every 2 years after that so if it was registered in june 2003 and wasn't tested last year then the cert will only cover you until june this year

hi niall.

car test begins when car is 4 years old and from first date of registration..

example...

car reg 16th feb 99...

so NCT due 16th feb 2003/2005/2007/2009...

now if you arrived at the NCT centre and it was say due 16th feb 2007 and you went and done it now jan 08 you'll only still get a 13 month cert until 16th feb 2009.........

so is your girlfriends car a first registered car in june 98/00/02 car???

same thing happened me but I got on to the head office about it an played hell got my cert in the post for two years them instead of a few months like I had got first

system works from first registration although i do agree should be 2years from date of test.......

you can take it upto 3 months early for a 2year 3month cert..

Say it was 23 months out of date, you do you NCT now, it'll have to be done again in a month... sh*t system but that's the way it works.

Hers must have been out for a bit.

Back