nct question?

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
does your car have to be taxed and insured to put it through the test, can ya just trailer it to the test center and stick it through?

no tax required or insurance for a test to be carried out
as for getting there
your insurance on your other car will probably cover you 3rd party on the RS
I also think you can drive it there and as long as you can prove you are on your way to a test centre it does not require road tax
maybe someone can confirm or deny this Johnny :thumbsup:

car does not need tax or insurance for nct- if you drive car on public road at any stage whether user/owner your supposed to have car taxed/insured- so if will depend on guard that stops you .

Doesn't need either sure there's yokes in the garage goin out every day for test with nothing on them .you would need to trailer it though in case your stopped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q15. What if I’m due to have an NCT while my car is off the road?
A15. A vehicle may be used during the period of a non-use declaration in two cases:
to bring it to and from a test centre for the test; or
to bring it for repair after a re-test, or back to where you are keeping it while it is off the road after the repairs. This option may only be used where an appointment has already been made for a re-test.
The same rules apply to roadworthiness testing for commercial vehicles.
If you are bringing the vehicle to a test centre or to or from repairs after a test failure, it would be advisable to carry a copy of the appointment for the test or re-test with you.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/QA-DeclaringaVehicleOffTheRoad/

Back