NCT on non remapped jdm Legacy

SuBrianu

Hi fellas,

I've recently imported a gen 4 legacy GT spec b. It's booked in with AP for irish fuel re-map, but that isnt until the middle of January.

Anyone put theirs through the NCT pre remap before?

It has a quarter tank of what i guess is jap fuel, topped up with irish stuff and octane boost, so I guess I have at least 95ron in there!

Thanks in advance.

My first post, a long time lurker!

Brian

I got a V2 Type RA through earlier in the year, it was failing on emissions until the last rev the guy said!!!!

Hi Brian my own understanding is once it has a good enough cat/s and o2 sensors are good then should pass Ap nothing to do with emissions 👍

Welcome and don't be a lurker come along to a event or two🤣

Thanks fellas, I might chance it! I was also, maybe more worried about them pinging the engine for the brake test or messing about. Am I over thinking this!?

Thanks @Ciaran WRX. Ye I hope to get out and about in the new year.

I have extra fear after watching a tester in galway trying to drift(very badly) someones merc into the test bays last week! Last time I'll go near that place. Going to head for Tuam this time to see how that goes.. They surely can't be worse.

Heard of a few horror stories like that alright. Crazy what some people do think is OK business

If they get the engine to knock/detonate during an nct I’d be very surprised 🤣

If they get the engine to knock/detonate during an nct I’d be very surprised 🤣

It would take a long spin of hard driving or what's the story?

I read mixed reports online between don't drive it at all, get a trailer and it'll be absolutely grand!

It would take a long spin of hard driving or what's the story?

I read mixed reports online between don't drive it at all, get a trailer and it'll be absolutely grand!
Wouldn’t detonate on idle to part throttle which is all they will be using during the test , honestly wouldn’t worry

Thanks gents, passed nct no bother... Well it will on friday when i go back with my headlight a hair lower :/

Have higher heat range 7 plugs to go into it, for the remap. Identical to stock but a 0.6mm gap instead of the stock 0.8mm
Any thoughts on this. Leave as is or gap them to 0.8?

Last edited:
Back