NCT Failure Tonight - Emissions

go toyour nearest motorfactors and see if you can get cataclean, put that in it and then make sure the car is good and warm before the test... good luck
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i was sick the day of the test so my missus took her over.
she drives very gentley and carefully in my car - so i dont think hte engine got any sort of a work out enroute.
this might have something to do with it...?

That might have been it. Mine went through with the test without Diptane but gave it a good driving beforehand and it was well below the allowed level. :thumbsup:

looks like the oil temp was too low when she was tested at 81 degrees
i'm advised it should have been 88 degrees or higher....
s=expecting a pass next week following a service....

My 98 Type R just passed Nct first time.
Had half a tank of 95 plus lucas and half a tank of E5 in it.
Has a HKS Cat back exhaust on it, an oil catch tank and a walbro fuel pump with a remap.
Standard otherwise in the engine department.
Maybe your cat is fecked :dontknow:

Ya you need a bigger cat :thumbsup:
GiantCat2E.jpg

[quote author=swordsman link=topic=9157.msg114056#msg114056 date=1221594239]
looks like the oil temp was too low when she was tested at 81 degrees
i'm advised it should have been 88 degrees or higher....
s=expecting a pass next week following a service....
[/quote]

My car went for NCT yesterday and oil temp was at 82 deg and it said pass....she failed overall due to headlight pointing to high........ :icon_evil:

With regards to high emissons,if cleaning the throttle body doesnt work,on my old car they changed the air mass flow meter,these are failry pricy 200-300 euros,hopefully it wont come to that and you'll be ok with the advice given above

just got new MAF and Oxygen Sensor. (both were totally f**ked)
Emissions are still beyond by NCT limit,
but have come down from 1.32% to 0.6% carbon monoxide. A pass is 0.5%. She was reading the 0.6% with the octane booster in.
so i am hopeful of getting thru following a full serivce with the dipthane stuff anf no booster in the tank - fingers crossed.
They say it must be the cat or the car has been decatted (i havent checked this yet) to pass without a problem.

Before I post how much I paid - would anyone like to volunteer a fair price for an new MAF plus O2 sensor plus labour.
The car is running way better now by the way, much better and smoother power delivery.
The guy says i should get better fuel economy, which i had noticed had gotten a bit worse over the last month or so.
Comments........

Has anyone gotten thru decatted or partially decatted? Its a 1999 RSK B4 by the way....

Back