NCT brake test rollers

andrewmc35

Hi lads,

NCT coming up for my 92' WRX, I've seen one or two things online that the NCT got in new brake rollers that allow 4WD cars be brake tested on the rollers instead of outside? Anyone else come across this while getting a test done recently?

Or do I still need to ask that it's brake tested outside?

Cheers!

Mine wasn't done on the rollers only a few weeks ago....but I always tell them its AWD before handing over the keys

Hi lads,

NCT coming up for my 92' WRX, I've seen one or two things online that the NCT got in new brake rollers that allow 4WD cars be brake tested on the rollers instead of outside? Anyone else come across this while getting a test done recently?

Or do I still need to ask that it's brake tested outside?

Cheers!
It's now up to tester if he wants to do it outside he can but the management want tests done on rollers as it's 100% accurate.They have a way of switching the rollers to 4wd so there's no bother using them

I'm was tested outside a few times got the feeling they just wanted to have a go in it,

I'm used to be tested outside on the road got the feeling they just wanted a go in it, be wondering are they covered if it hit something.

I'm used to be tested outside on the road got the feeling they just wanted a go in it, be wondering are they covered if it hit something.
Fully insured as have to be and as said it's down to individual tester. Cousin works in one he was telling me

They do em on rollers now in alot of places apparently the machines and software have been upgraded

Still can't hurt to tell em but may as well be shouting into a feild full of thistles 🤪

Can someone explain this a bit more..
Do they have rollers now for both axles is it? I her my retest last week and as far as I could tell, it was one axel on the rollers...seemed to be a handbrake test but.. Still not sure 😕

Can someone explain this a bit more..
Do they have rollers now for both axles is it? I her my retest last week and as far as I could tell, it was one axel on the rollers...seemed to be a handbrake test but.. Still not sure 😕
As per my post above Eoin most cars are 2wd obviously but some are 4wd like ours they can switch the settings on the rollers to do either one

they have rollers for 4wd in enniscorthy tested mine there last year I'd never go there again absolute idiots. Told them it's 4wd and still put it on the brake rollers. Front wheels spinning on the rollers and back wheels doing nothing , can't be good with limited slip diffs. went to carlow then no hassle and also no rollers (y) I'd be making sure to tell them to keep it off the rollers if your test centre has them

As per my post above Eoin most cars are 2wd obviously but some are 4wd like ours they can switch the settings on the rollers to do either one
Thats what I mean tho...is there 2 rollers so all wheels are spinning? As far as I seen, one roller, and back wheels on it only

Naas, last year had 4wd brake tester.

Ask and tell them though, at check in…. where ever you are!!!

I did, I told the tester last week that it was AWD and brake test outside...he said OK, and then I turned around at one stage and seen the back wheels turning on the rollers with front wheels on the floor. Like, was it handbrake effort he was checking,,, and is that OK to do if car was in neutral?

I don't know...it was in killarney, they only have one axel roller, and my car was on it lol that's all I know, don't know what they were checking 🤣

Back