MY99. GC8 Corrosion Repair

CMX70

ISDC Club Member
Guys,

My 99 GC8 has failed its latest NCT, bad corrosion on both sills, just front of the rear wheels. At these locations the outriggers from the rear diff support connect to brackets that connect to the sills. This complicates things and makes the job more difficult. I previously had sill issues around the front jack points, these were repaired by AJK in Lusk but they will not touch this. Can any of ye lads on the forum give me a recommendation on who is capable of repairing this corrosion, I'd appreciate it. The car has 176k on it and the engine is running like a clock so there are still a lot of good things to be said about the car. I have owned it from new so I'd be sad to see it condemned.

Thanks and Regards
Ciaran
087 9675 086

Guys,

My 99 GC8 has failed its latest NCT, bad corrosion on both sills, just front of the rear wheels. At these locations the outriggers from the rear diff support connect to brackets that connect to the sills. This complicates things and makes the job more difficult. I previously had sill issues around the front jack points, these were repaired by AJK in Lusk but they will not touch this. Can any of ye lads on the forum give me a recommendation on who is capable of repairing this corrosion, I'd appreciate it. The car has 176k on it and the engine is running like a clock so there are still a lot of good things to be said about the car. I have owned it from new so I'd be sad to see it condemned.

Thanks and Regards
Ciaran
087 9675 086

Have you put much thought into how much this could cost to repair and the potential of finding more problems?

Back