MY96 Subaru Impreza WRX type RA STi Ver. II V-Limited No. 288/555 €8250

dashoonage

Sunday Drivers
Right this is most definitely for sale so i said id give it a new thread.

I bought this of toyscrota back in February. I was planning on running a 2 car fleet with this on a classic policy but ive changed my mind and am now looking to upgrade my daily.

No. 288/555 – Genuine GC8C4DD

-Released to celebrate Colin McRae & Derek Ringer’s victory in the 1995 WRC
-Colin McRae & Derek Ringer’s signature embroidered on front seats (only model to do so)

Only comes in 53C Blue (Saltire Blue) picked by McRae

Imported in December 2013 with 175kms on the clock.
2 Irish Owners.
Shell is 100% rust free with original quarter panels in original condition

Japanese & Irish service history available.
192,000 kms or 120,000 miles now on car with service history

-AC and Roof Vent
-Intercooler water spray
-Alloy bonnet
-5 speed DCCD box (Driver Controlled Centre Differential) with 3.9 final drive & Rear LSD
-275bhp Closed deck block with 5th injector

The previous owner carried out a lot of work to keep the car in top shape as listed in the original for sale add here

Original Thread is here.
http://www.isdc.ie/forum/showthread.php?43342-MY96-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-type-RA-STi-Ver-II-V-Limited-No-288-555-%809-950

Bad Points
-Embroidered seats need to be refurbed
-Paint is showing signs of age. Was painted in Japan and has some minor areas faded. Some pics of the paint issues can be seen in here
https://picasaweb.google.com/103209664273111505394/March292016?feat=directlink#
-Slight lacquer peel on driver’s wing, scratch on bumper and scratch on bonnet.
-Needs a remap for irish fuel.
-new rear light seal
-boost gauge not working.
-slight blow in the exhaust.

Classic insurance is available on this car I have it on a classic policy myself.

You are more than welcome to do any mechanical inspection on the car.

DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0176.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG

Price is 8250 or nearest sensible offer.

Attachments

• DSC_0174.JPG
    DSC_0174.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0175.JPG
    DSC_0175.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0176.JPG
    DSC_0176.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0177.JPG
    DSC_0177.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0184.JPG
    DSC_0184.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Bump. Thought there would be more interest in this. Its declared off the road from friday onwards so will be just sitting in the shed.

Hopefully looking at a new daily later on today.

I think there would be more interest in it if you worded the post differently? From reading it now it sounds like you may have found something with the car that may be an issue in the future??? I don't think you would benefit from this while trying to sell the car?
Maybe a few nice pics and a description of how fantastic the car is? Just my 2c worth anyway, it's a lovely car btw!! No offence meant.

+1
I was thinking about buying this car from the lad you bought it off and when I seen it coming back up for sale it popped back into my mind
But as the above poster said the add put me off if I'm honest.
Is the car 100% or is there an underlying problem that what was going through my mind.
Hope this helps you get the add right it is a cracking car.

+1
I was thinking about buying this car from the lad you bought it off and when I seen it coming back up for sale it popped back into my mind
But as the above poster said the add put me off if I'm honest.
Is the car 100% or is there an underlying problem that what was going through my mind.
Hope this helps you get the add right it is a cracking car.

Cheers lads no offence taken in any way and i appreciate the feedback. No underlying issue that im aware of and any interested party is welcome to do any inspection on the car.. I've simply changed my mind. My biggest bug bear with the car is the bodywork. Not its not bad in any way. No rust etc it just need a redo in my opinion as it really is showing its age and the respray work carried out really isnt up to my standard.

If you were to jump in and drive it today i would fix the following.

1) new rear light seal
2)boost gauge not working.
3) slight blow in the exhaust. I suspect a new gasket is needed somewhere.

All small issues.

I'll get some new pics up later.

I was in with skoda today and have a nice deal lined up on a VRS to replace my Octavia so this needs to go.

If it was my car, it'd be advertised like this;

MY96 Subaru Impreza WRX type RA STi Ver. II V-Limited No. 288/555 – Genuine GC8C4DD

-Released to celebrate Colin McRae & Derek Ringer’s victory in the 1995 WRC
-Colin McRae & Derek Ringer’s signature embroidered on front seats (only model to do so)

Only comes in 53C Blue (Saltire Blue) picked by McRae

Car imported in December 2013 with 175kms on the clock. 2 Irish Owners.
Shell is 100% rust free with original quarter panels in original condition

Japanese & Irish service history available.
192,000 kms or 120,000 miles now on car with service history

-AC and Roof Vent
-Intercooler water spray
-Alloy bonnet
-5 speed DCCD box (Driver Controlled Centre Differential) with 3.9 final drive & Rear LSD
-275bhp Closed deck block with 5th injector

Work carried out at 175kms

All Genuine Subaru Parts:
-Front & rear diff seals
-Crankshaft oil seal
-Camshaft oil seals
-Rocker cover gaskets
-Bolt washer seals
-Oil Pump seal
-Main Hydraulic Tensioner
-Main Tensioner Idler Pulley
-2 No. Toother Idler Pulley
-2 No. Smooth Plain Idler Pulley
-Water Pump inc. Gasket
-Oil, Fuel & Air Filters
-Top & Bottom main radiator hoses

Upgraded Aftermarket Parts:
-Uprated Graham Goode Racing Timing Belt
-Uprated GGR Modified Oil Pump
-NGK Platinum plugs
-REDLINE 75W90 Fully Synthetic Gearbox Oil
-REDLINE 75W90 Fully Synthetic Rear Diff Differential Oil
-Lucas Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid

Subtle modifications include:
-Nardi Steering Wheel & Gearknob (option from new)
-Driver A pillar Greddy Boost Gauge
-Greddy Turbo Timer
-Sony Headunit with USB
-Stainless Steel Magnex Back Box
-Group A style Teardrop carbon mirrors – very rare as very like original Prodrive (original mirrors supplied also)
-17” Speedline ST2 wheels with genuine Speedline nuts & centre caps. Speedline UK Confirm these wheels are 1 of only 45 sets made by Bridgestone Italy under Speedline’s licence for a Group N rally program they ran in the mid-nineties. Lighter magnesium alloy and have been completely refurbished

Bad Points
-Embroidered seats need to be refurbed
-Paint is showing signs of age. Was painted in Japan and has some minor areas faded.
-Slight lacquer peel on driver’s wing, scratch on bumper and scratch on bonnet.
-Needs a remap for irish fuel.
-new rear light seal
-boost gauge not working.
-slight blow in the exhaust.

John that's more or less a copy of my add and in fairness Jimmy has posted a link to that. I think everybody on here is well aware of the original add and the car. Disappointed Jimmy isn't holding onto her, I could tell he does like to keep his cars to a particular standard and obviously the bodywork doesn't reach that.
Please note for anybody intending on buying this the bodywork ISNT THAT BAD!
A respray would transform it but as I stated in my add and Jimmy is stating in his it could be considered by a potential new owner.
Best of luck with the sale Jimmy, its a good car and you will get a buyer for an ever increasingly rare model.

A respray would make a fantastic car out of it. My own mates are telling me to keep it and drive on but im just no like that. its either mint our im not happy :p I sold my s2000 for the same reason and the lad i sold it to is still driving it today happy out!

If anyone is interested lads drop me a PM.

great car man id love it but I cant justify buying it after getting the RS resprayed and pumping cash into the gaff over the last 6 months ,she'd have me bags packed waiting for me and outside the front door, I hope you change your mind and keep it though:subaru:

There wont be any changing the mind this time im afraid. I know where i want to go car wise and im sticking to it this time! :p

John that's more or less a copy of my add and in fairness Jimmy has posted a link to that. I think everybody on here is well aware of the original add and the car. Disappointed Jimmy isn't holding onto her, I could tell he does like to keep his cars to a particular standard and obviously the bodywork doesn't reach that.
Please note for anybody intending on buying this the bodywork ISNT THAT BAD!
A respray would transform it but as I stated in my add and Jimmy is stating in his it could be considered by a potential new owner.
Best of luck with the sale Jimmy, its a good car and you will get a buyer for an ever increasingly rare model.

I know but your add and that link and this thread are only useful to this forum.

I've simply put both together and laid things out nicely for him to copy and paste for the likes of adverts, donedeal.ie, PH etc should he want to advertise it there.

No doubts it'll eventually sell if it's only left on ISDC and if he can get over the time wasters, it doesn't hurt to advertise in a few more places to get more exposure and possibly move it quicker. It'd be nice to see it stay in the club.

Fully agree re the paint. It's 20 years old. Normal wear and tear. Anyone would be very hard pushed finding a car like this, even for import, that would hold a price reflecting the need for paint.

For such a car you wouldn't want to be messing about either. To keep the value of the car, you'd want a proper strip back and respray job which realistically you're looking at about half of what the car is being advertised for.

It's a lovely car. GLWTS.

For such a car you wouldn't want to be messing about either. To keep the value of the car, you'd want a proper strip back and respray job which realistically you're looking at about half of what the car is being advertised for.

This! youve hit the nail on the head on why i didnt want to start getting into resprays etc. Especially with the way i am about my cars. If i started id have what i gave for the car put into it in no time. I'm of the opinion if your going to do it do it right.

Back