My trip to the Ring last month (May 2019) coverage on Youtube

Skipper555

Sunday Drivers
Hi everyone,

So I recently created a Youtube channel as a hobby and decided to cover my Nurburgring trip last month. Main purpose of sharing the video is for those going there for the first time to have an idea of what's expected (e.g. preparation and costs associated, duration of drive to the Nurburgring, opening times for Tourist drives during the week vs weekend, well known spots around the ring, spectator spot, tour around Nurburg and the Ring, etc.). Despite all the preparation, certain things still didn't go as planned e.g. vibration during the actual laps (e.g. most likely due to warped rotors)...:icon_cry:

This time I met a few Irish lads there: red Focus ST 161 reg from Limerick I believe and 2 911s from Dublin area as well. I also met typical Irish weather at the Ring! Oddly enough, my lap during the rain was quite fun because I could improve my skills under those conditions and focus on learning the proper lines without the constant "fear" of other supercars flying by you or "pushing" you to the side! Unfortunately during dry days you come across a lot fast cars during your lap and a lot of your attention is spent watching for 911 GT3s, modified Megane RS and fast M cars going for their record BTG laps...

Either way, well informed and intentioned feedback to help improve the channel and future videos are definitely welcome. Just wanted to clarify that my intention is to keep a natural kind of channel without all those visual effects or professional level editing found in channels like: Carfection, Topgear, Autocar, etc. Hope it's somewhat useful to a few of you.

https://youtu.be/KPLsrH_j_3U

Thanks.

Nice one already subscribed

Theres a few of us going there very soon cant wait

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cool I?ll give it a watch .
If you?re looking for any info on braking pm me , it?s a problem with runout and not warping.

Had huge issues for about a year with discs until I figured out what was going on

Cool I?ll give it a watch .
If you?re looking for any info on braking pm me , it?s a problem with runout and not warping.

Had huge issues for about a year with discs until I figured out what was going on

^^ This, warped discs are a bit of a myth - modern discs are virtually impossible to warp. Usual problem is an uneven buildup of pad material on the disc.

Good read about it here

https://www.apcautotech.com/getmedi..._Whitepaper_B1-Warped-Brake-Disc-8-2018_1.pdf

^^ This, warped discs are a bit of a myth - modern discs are virtually impossible to warp. Usual problem is an uneven buildup of pad material on the disc.

Good read about it here

https://www.apcautotech.com/getmedi..._Whitepaper_B1-Warped-Brake-Disc-8-2018_1.pdf

Thanks for sharing. Definitely need to learn, because I heard a similar comment about that as well...but I'm not a pro to pinpoint exactly what's the issue. I made a bit of an investment on the brake systema and brakes before the trip and that still happened unfortunately...

Fantastic stuff Skipper. Great info. Very enjoyable. I'm also subscribed to your channel. Conor

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back