My repsol Dakar replica.

E

ericsti

Well lads.

I bought an Africa Twin there a few months ago and it was spotless so much so I couldn't use it the way I wanted to with out worrying about it so I bought a complete set of replacement plastics and a tank and as they where from a couple of different bikes I decided on painting them in the Dakar Repsol team colours.

I finished it last week and the originals are in storage now for the forseeable future.

Heres a few pics a few of you might like a look at.

Before:
GermanWarCemeteryGlencreepic1.jpg

After:
Photo-0035-1.jpg

Photo-0036.jpg

Photo-0033-1.jpg

Photo-0031-1.jpg

Photo-0032-3.jpg

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=30097.msg347925#msg347925 date=1302991326]
thats deadly looking Eric, unusual to see a bmw bike modded
[/quote]

It's a Honda Africa Twin XRV 750 Tommy.

I sold the BMW a few months ago. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments lads. I had to mod something as I don't want to touch the prodrive. :icon_grin:

I had a "spirited" drive against one of these in my old wagon many years ago. From the lights I left him dead up to about 60mph and then he just went by me on one wheel as if I was going backwards :) Awesome machine.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=30097.msg347949#msg347949 date=1302992890]
Looking good boss drop in for a goo
[/quote]

No problem man. :thumbsup:

really nice man fair play, if you dont mind me asking do you have the colour codes for the repsol orange and the red as im doing my brothers VFR at the moment and he wants the repsol colours on it

I have the ones I used but their not the exact ones. I'll get them if you want though. :subaru:

Holts Spray cans.

ARG Flame Red, Code LBM 144

Citroen Polar White, Code LC10

Ford Vista Phoenix Ornage, Code LF81

that'll do man just once it looks the part and from the last few pics you put up it sure does, cheers :thumbsup:

Back