My last week

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Well that's it! As of next Thursday I'm done playin with the traffic on the M50

If you know of any good paying jobs going! I'm interested!
Will do most anything once the pay is right

Looks like the wagon is going to become a daily driver as well!!!! Can't have a company car without a job lol

sorry to hear lad
had a few of my family working on it who finished up last year
its a credit to you all :clap: :clap: :clap:
much better road now
the firhouse exit is great
only that camera now that have to be careful of :icon_biggrin:
hope ya find something soon :thumbsup:

[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=25409.msg299587#msg299587 date=1280441149]
confused??you quitin your job?
[/quote]

No not quitting bro! Contract is up!
Ah sure have had 5 almost 6 years on the same road with different contracts! So it's been a good run!

I have to say tho! The road is a credit to all who have worked on it
Not just the lads at the top in management
Without all the labourers it would be nothing!

Neil

Jaysus Hammie, Sorry about that!
The country is officially out of resession, things are defo on the up!
Very best of luck man!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25409.msg299599#msg299599 date=1280441852]

The country is officially out of resession, things are defo on the up!

[/quote]

Have to disagree with you there Dan the country is nowhere near out the recession yet imo thats just something the polititians are telling themselves to make them feel better while there is slightly more work there is still nowhere near enough to go round we still have a long way to go before things are any nearer to being back on track,
On a better note for Hammie the work that is being given out at the min is being given to lads that have been working until recently as they are seen as more dependable being kept on through the hard times
hope things work out for you man i'll keep my ear out for you :thumbsup:

have to agree with u there paul, any major roads are all put on the long finger, next budget more cuts, mass loads of people leaving the country, was only the good spell of weather that put people doing few bits or jobs, and today houses are down to 2002 level price wise,

Dans right! The country is officially out of recession
Meaning things are improving! But as you say Paul we are nowhere near fully recovered yet! The road to recovery lies solely in the hands of the government! The governments success will show sooner if they are up to the job!
The best thing about the job I am finishing is the contacts I have made! I think it's time to invest in a few additional training courses to give myself a higher chance of quick reemployment

Sorry for you to be out of work.But if like people are saying that recession is easing then there will be plenty roads out there to repair.Rural roads down my way havent been touched yet,since last winter.Private road repair companies could be the way forward for experienced,trained lads like yourself. :thumbsup:

Figures to be published today are expected to show that the recession is technically over.

But economists warn that it's likely to be some time before we feel the benefits.

The latest figures from the CSO, due to be published this morning, are expected to show the Irish economy performed strongly in the opening quarter of this year, with a quarter-on-quarter rise of 1 percent.

But some economists are sounding a note of caution, saying job creation, a recovery in property prices and a return to real economic growth could all be some time away yet.

Another indication of our economic performance is also due today, with the release of the latest live register figures.

Last month, the numbers signing on increased to a record high of over 439,000.

Hope something you want comes your way.

I'd don't buy the goverment tells us we're coming out of recession.
As for the unemployment numbers there worse than that with all the people
involved in CE courses and Fas course, "smoke and dagers" from
our goverment and their pals in the media spooning this "truth" down our necks.

tough break hammie hope ya get sorted soon i know how ya feel been out of work a while myself its tough out there at the moment

alls lookin a bit brighter.....
might just be something on the horizon

Keepin fingers crossed

Back