MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Will give Ciaran a ring during the week.

I got Dec to change the title as I think the original "picked this up today" doesnt count anymore ha

Met up with one of the lads off backroads with a focus st. Went for a spin around blessington lakes, wicklow gap, onto arklow and back.

Surprised how fast a stage 2 focus st can be. He just left me for dead every time.

Started at 7.30am only in the door now and its 2.30pm. Over 200kms covered

Here's a few pics I took

Now to clean it for cars and coffee tomorrow as there is insects smashed all over the car.

The integra felt great today around the corners, no twitchiness from the rear at all

Woke up this morning to leave for work and found the integra hard to start. I had to pump the accelerator to get the engine fired up.

Drove down the road decided to try it before driving an hour to work. Pulled over, turned it off and on. Not a problem.

Arrived at work, turned it off. Car wouldnt turn on even with pump the accelerator. Left it 2 hours went back out and barely got the car fired up. I noticed the idle was a bit irregular too.

The key would turn but only a clicking noise was there. Asked a good few people and alot of the signs pointing towards the starter motor :wallbash)

Gave road side assistance a go to see could they fix it before getting a flat bed down to icetronix. Checked the battery everything seemed fine. Still wouldnt turn over. Out came a booster pack and the car started right up.

Problem was the battery wasnt holding any charge. This seemed to happen over night as it drove 300kms over the weekend no problem.

Out came the old battery and in with the new bosch battery. Car starts everytime. Relieved it wasnt anything more serious as the car would be off the road then.

The new battery is blue which suits the engine bay much more than the old black battery.

I got home and finally fitted the new battery tie. The rusted old one really ruined the engine bay in my opinion. So out with the old in with the new :D

Good stuff nice simple fix

Had similar on a car recently turned out to be the starter though ????

Lovely car btw????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah easy fix thank God, same happened me a few times on different hondas over the years, New battery the job, keep d revs up

The car is a credit to you ???????? I passed you this morning on the Oscar traynor, gave you a flash of the lights!

The car is a credit to you ???????? I passed you this morning on the Oscar traynor, gave you a flash of the lights!
Gave you a wave don't know if you seen it through the windscreen ha. Thanks man your scoobie looks well too

Yeah easy fix thank God, same happened me a few times on different hondas over the years, New battery the job, keep d revs up
Was lucky it was only the battery. The fella new alot about them having had an ep3 for many years.

Good stuff nice simple fix

Had similar on a car recently turned out to be the starter though ????

Lovely car btw????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks Ciaran. Id say a new starter would be hard to come across for the teg. Was looking up rebuilding the original one. Glad I dont have to do that now

Due to the schools being off for summer the stop start m50 driving has stopped resulting in an increased mpg. Usually I would be getting 32-33mpg when taking it handy (80% motorway, 20% suburb driving).

I put 30 euro (22.38 lts) into it wednesday and covered 345kms (214 miles). Works out at 43.47mpg. Thats insane for a dc5

Haven't really updated this in a while as all I have done is drive it.

Gave the car a quick wash yesterday and I couldn't bare looking at it covered in dirt anymore

As part of my birthday present the gf got me a dodo juice pro da polisher with 3 pads (1 for cutting, 1 for polishing and 1 for finishing) along with the sample polishes from chemical guys

Picked these up from Dave at detailing shed. As always he looked after me and gave me some great tips for a newbie machine polisher.

As today was nothing but rain I ran out between the showers. Washed, clayed and dried the bonnet to see what this polisher was like. Took me a bit to get use to the amount of pressure to use on the machine but within 5-6mins I figured it out. I only did a 2x2 ft piece of the bonnet as it is quiet tiring. I have a video but using my mama laptop so can't figure out how to upload. Will upload it when I get mine fixed.

I ordered a new induction today to replace the aem v2 thats currently on the car as I have been told that it suffers badly with heat soak.

I should have my new piece of kit the end of the week. I will put up pics when I get it.

Cant wait to have a go at polishing more of the car next weekend. Hope the weather is good

Haven't really updated this in a while as all I have done is drive it.

Gave the car a quick wash yesterday and I couldn't bare looking at it covered in dirt anymore

As part of my birthday present the gf got me a dodo juice pro da polisher with 3 pads (1 for cutting, 1 for polishing and 1 for finishing) along with the sample polishes from chemical guys

Picked these up from Dave at detailing shed. As always he looked after me and gave me some great tips for a newbie machine polisher.

As today was nothing but rain I ran out between the showers. Washed, clayed and dried the bonnet to see what this polisher was like. Took me a bit to get use to the amount of pressure to use on the machine but within 5-6mins I figured it out. I only did a 2x2 ft piece of the bonnet as it is quiet tiring. I have a video but using my mama laptop so can't figure out how to upload. Will upload it when I get mine fixed.

I ordered a new induction today to replace the aem v2 thats currently on the car as I have been told that it suffers badly with heat soak.

I should have my new piece of kit the end of the week. I will put up pics when I get it.

Cant wait to have a go at polishing more of the car next weekend. Hope the weather is good
Looks really well. What induction kit did you order

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I still have to do a full 3 stage on basically the whole car, a lot work in it but worth it.

Ordered the tegiwa induction kit. Aonghus recommends it over most other kits for the k20

Thanks. I still have to do a full 3 stage on basically the whole car, a lot work in it but worth it.

Ordered the tegiwa induction kit. Aonghus recommends it over most other kits for the k20
I thought the mugen or the gruppe m were the way to go? Who's aongous?

Tegiwa is an exact copy of the gruppe m without the gruppe m logo on it.

Aonghus is one of the best mappers in the country. He goes by vtec6000 on forums. Bought coutoure autos old dyno.

He owns ap performance

Came home to this today.

Ordered it sunday night arrived this morning. Great service from tegiwa. Superb quality with this induction kit.

When you see it in person it justifies the price that little bit more

Looking forward to get it on the car and seeing can I notice the difference before the remap with just this bolt on

When your cutting the scuttle panel soak it with wd forty the night before. The plastic has a habit of shattering when it's cut into. And be very very very gentle when cutting

Back