Motor Racing School - Mondello

P

Prodrive P1

Folks,

I was wondering if any of you have been to the above?

Link -> http://www.mondello.ie/cars/?id=27

Looking for a track day event with single seaters, there a few over in England, but just wondering if anyone has heard good or bad reports about these guys? €359 for a half day racing a Mada 3 (woo hoo) and then in the single seaters.

thanks in advance.

I did it a couple of years ago...

Rover GTI's and Formula Rovers... all sounds good on paper and it was serious fun but... and its a BIG BUT ( how many people are thinking of fat asses right now :ponder: ) they limit the revs in BOTH the cars to 4500rpm :roll: which makes it much less enjoyable...

Thats the beginer one, the intermediate increases the revs to 5500rpm, not alot better.

Have to say though, the grip out of the formula cars is outstanding :thumbsup: you can tear around in them

I did the same as Cill and it was disappointing. Much rather spend the money on the Rally School in Monaghan.

Did it myself a few years ago, got it as a present, good craic.

As said the rovers are limited, loved the single seaters,

got pulled in and told off for going to fast, did'nt go off or anything.

Thought the whole point was to learn to go quicker.

Probably won't do it again, for the money.

Got it as birthday present too, the Rover's are rapid little things and i managed to spin one of the single seater car's, (i wasnt half as good a driver as i thought
i was) :p Still all in all pretty good craic. Well worth a go.

Got it as a present too but wasnt worth the money, i did the rally school yonks back in the ford ka, and it was great crack! then got out in the impreza.

Much better day out i think, get fed aswell and much better for the money!

I spun the single seater on the warm up lap and they were about to kick me out of the place. The guy went mental at me and was on the phone to the guy up in the tower asking if I was allowed to stay and continue. Im convinced I hit a patch of oil but he was having none of it.

Hmmm... nothing as frustrating as paying out loads for an event to be held back... that sort of money you'd want to come back with a day to to remember.

I was tempted by the Rally School but thought -> Impreza???? (kinda busman's holiday if you own one). But looks like it gets a big thumbs up!

Also at Mondello the Beginner Course is the only one that runs on a Saturday, so it kinda knocks that on the head.

Thanks lads.

RSI is good fun, those boys make you drive harder.

Brought the car to a track day in Mondello. No restrictions either, just drive fast as fcuk. They do give out if you spin.

Both around the same money, although no food in Mondello.

Rally school sounds like good craic, But no use in real life situations!
The driving course at mondello is primarilly to teach you how to drive faster and safer!
If you do as they say. It is very educational! Well worth the money!
After doing that you will be far more comfortable in your own car at speed!
So then you can start doing track days :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I love mondello!
Dan

i did it (mondello rovers) abot 5 year ago. way to strict in the rovers. got a duff single seater. overall not worth it

I've done the beginners and the intermediate courses. I absolutely loved them, thought they were brilliant... the guys i was with in the rovers both pushed me on... and were encouraging to overtake as many people as possible... and it was a great experience in the single seaters, i learned a lot in the half day and thought it was well worth it... and hope to go back and do the next level some time soon as well...

did the beginners course in Mondello, got it as a gift from parents, waste of money if you ask me, spent most of the time hanging around waiting to get into the cars. private track day would be much better i think

Oh, forgot to metion before.... if there is the slightest bit of rain, it gets called off

I organised it 3 times before it happened, first time I just got there and hung around for an hour before being told to go home, second time went for the early session, up at 6 and just thought I'd call before leaving Dublin and I was told it was off, third times the charm...

At least on a track day, you can race in any weather :thumbsup:

If you get her along to any of the trackdays, I'd be happy to sit in the passenger seat and pass on as much experiance as I can!
But a lot of it is just getting out there and exploring the limits of your car for your self!
Dan

Back