Mitsubishi are working on a hatch now too!

I think the drawings look very well. If it is as good looking in the metal Mitsi will have another hit on their hands.

The fact that it is more powerful, better looking and cheaper than the new 08 WRX is bad enough but it will have the EVO IX running gear and active diffs so it will out handle it also. Subaru will have to really raise its game to compete with this car. A saloon wrx with the STI bulging bodywork, suspension and an unequal length manifold with around 260 bhp would do the trick. Basically a detuned saloon STi is needed as this new Evo Ralliart hatchback is a detuned EVO X.

Frawls

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=5244.msg59903#msg59903 date=1202220641]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=5244.msg59901#msg59901 date=1202219461]
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...itsubishi-eclipse-coupe-and-spyder/#more-4592

Their making a new coupe as well..looks alright
[/quote]

That is absolutely savage - can Subaru or Subaru/Toyota build something like this?

[/quote]
This is just a facelifted version of the Mitsubishi Eclipse which has been out tn the US for ages. I saw one last year and its not as wow as you'd think. In fact it is actually pretty weird looking especially without the rear spoiler.

Whoever took these photos did a great job as this car is no great shakes in the metal. Still, its a damn sight better looking than the new WRX.

Frawls

If they make it with the AWD system of the EVO it would be savage!
As far as I know the cuurent model is front wheel drive only :? 3.8L V6 sitting on the front wheel= understeer for ever!
Dan

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=5244.msg59964#msg59964 date=1202236388]
[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=5244.msg59903#msg59903 date=1202220641]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=5244.msg59901#msg59901 date=1202219461]
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...itsubishi-eclipse-coupe-and-spyder/#more-4592

Their making a new coupe as well..looks alright
[/quote]

That is absolutely savage - can Subaru or Subaru/Toyota build something like this?

[/quote]
This is just a facelifted version of the Mitsubishi Eclipse which has been out tn the US for ages. I saw one last year and its not as wow as you'd think. In fact it is actually pretty weird looking especially without the rear spoiler.

Whoever took these photos did a great job as this car is no great shakes in the metal. Still, its a damn sight better looking than the new WRX.

Frawls
[/quote]

thats a 2009 update of that car....different front end..there digital renderings its only out this week..thats an american site sure

This car is already on sale in the US and has been for quite a while. The last time I saw one it caught my eye as it looked so odd. This is not an all new car just a revised/facelifted existing model.

@Dan I used to drive an Eclipse Turbo when I lived in NY. It was 4wd and quick but I dont know if the present/facelifted model is 4wd but i would have thought there was a 4wd model in the range somewhere.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=5244.msg60198#msg60198 date=1202327177]
This car is already on sale in the US and has been for quite a while. The last time I saw one it caught my eye as it looked so odd. This is not an all new car just a revised/facelifted existing model.

Frawls
[/quote]

read the article again...this is an american site im on it everyday..this car is the 2009 revision..if you can show me a picture of that car on the road il give you 50 euro at the agm

Just read the html address again. It clearly says "facelifted" which is all this car is. Its still the existing Mitsi Eclipse just with the EVO 10 front bumper that's all. It is NOT an all-new car.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/convertibles/facelifted-2009-mitsubishi-eclipse-coupe-and-spyder/#more-4592

When I said I have seen one in the metal I meant the current Mitsi eclipse. Just because they added a different bumper does not change the model. It is still the present Eclipse and not a new car. The new Eclipse is not due for another few years as the present model is not around that long.

You can give my 50 to the club for my membership this year!

Frawls

Back