Millers octane booster?

BUt they would of mapped it for 95? so unless you where detecting for knock you would get any performance increase if you get what im saying..if you where mapping for 95 + millers you would be listening for knock and you could tell by the advance in timing if you had better fuel or not...if your ecu is mapped for 95 and you do a dyno run...then stick in 99 you shouldn't see any gains

ya they map most of them to run 95 and an octane boost but also done 95 only and there was no change in power if any noticable enough to say its any good,
now there using 101 but that stuff is just menal expensive,

used to use this stuff before i ever done anything with my car. Only difference i'd see or feel in the car was my back bumper used to turn yellow around the exhaust. The cvl turbo is meant to be ok but at 20 quid i don't see the point

From my experience I can tell that Silkolene ProBoost is a total shite.

I got a bottle when I bought the car. There was NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever either with proBoost or without it -the FC Commander was showing high Knocks all the time 50-86 :cuckoo: (in high revs even the CEL was coming on :shock2:)

Then I bought Lucas off Damo... filled in half of the bottle per tank and the car started running SUBSTANTIALLY better and no knocking at all (FC commander readings 8-30) no CEL showed up since (I guess it's programmed to come on when knock detected)

I was told my Type-R is mapped for 95. I think it's rather 95 + half bottle of Lucas. Whats more interesting... it doesn't run so smoothly and nicely on E5 as on 95+ Lucas... :ponder2:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=15041.msg185853#msg185853 date=1242249967]

I got a bottle when I bought the car. There was NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever either with proBoost or without it -the FC Commander was showing high Knocks all the time 50-86 :cuckoo: (in high revs even the CEL was coming on :shock2:)

Then I bought Lucas off Damo... filled in half of the bottle per tank and the car started running SUBSTANTIALLY better and no knocking at all (FC commander readings 8-30) no CEL showed up since (I guess it's programmed to come on when knock detected)

I was told my Type-R is mapped for 95. I think it's rather 95 + half bottle of Lucas. Whats more interesting... it doesn't run so smoothly and nicely on E5 as on 95+ Lucas... :ponder2:
[/quote]

few people say that alright..but I was mapped for 95 + full bottle of lucas and when re-mapped for E5 on its own made more boost and timing

[quote author=Codders link=topic=15041.msg185853#msg185853 date=1242249967]

I got a bottle when I bought the car. There was NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever either with proBoost or without it -the FC Commander was showing high Knocks all the time 50-86  :cuckoo: (in high revs even the CEL was coming on  :shock2:)

I was told my Type-R is mapped for 95. I think it's rather 95 + half bottle of Lucas. Whats more interesting... it doesn't run so smoothly and nicely on E5 as on 95+ Lucas...  :ponder2: 
[/quote]

Can you find out what its mapped for through the person that organised the mapping they might know just to be sure  :ponder2:, i think if you just fill up with 95 with no octane booster and its mapped for 95 + booster it affects the map, i would keep using the lucas booster just to be safe, best to ask the site traders that do the mapping for advise on the map etc,  :thumbsup:  

think the motor factors in loughrea have the lucas stuff now, anyone have the description and amount in the bottle ye get or even a picture of it, il see if its the same one and might try it,

LOL :icon_grin:

pict0039w.jpg

[quote author=alantul link=topic=15041.msg185887#msg185887 date=1242257714]
think the motor factors in loughrea have the lucas stuff now, anyone have the description and amount in the bottle ye get or even a picture of it, il see if its the same one and might try it,
[/quote]

some motor factors are very expensive for lucas octane boost, before i got mine mapped i needed a bottle of it and i paid 20 euro its cheaper to buy it off damo at streetperformance http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=1767.0, the amount in the bottle is 444ml :thumbsup:

Back