Mev exocet track car

Another trackday today.
Great weather all day,first hour on track was fairly sketchy with all the water sitting on track.it dried up nicely after that.

Tried putting super glue around the base of drivers mirror to stop it moving around like the last day.it worked for the most part,alot less movement compared to the last day.which ment i could focus more on the driving.

Car ran Great all day,confidence is growing and I feel I'm carrying more speed than previous days.

There was alot of red flags,but they were all sorted quick enough and got us going again. So plenty of seat time. Got to give plenty of passenger spins today,need to sort a better harness for passenger side.one that's easier to adjust.everyone that got a few laps seemed well impressed with the little car.

Great few laps with an ISDC impreza hot on my heels πŸ”₯

Great variety of cars.

Nothing else really to do with car apart from wash it and refuel for the next day....
Always a good sign😁

Screenshot_20240218_100256_Gallery.jpg

Another trackday done yesterday, looked like it was going to be very wet day.just a quick shower before briefing and the rest of the day was dry.

It was much quieter day than the last few Sunday trackdays.no red flags before lunch and only a couple after lunch meant plenty of uninterrupted seat time. There was times I was on track and no signs of cars in front or behind which was Fantastic!

No real issues to report. Started looking at plans for the car in the future.ordered some willwood calipers, will hopefully have them on the next few weeks and should be good for future plans.

Couple of pictures from the day,because everyone loves pictures,roll on the next one!

20240315_085038.jpgEPurdyPhoto-244.jpgEPurdyPhoto-152.jpgEPurdyPhoto-223.jpgEPurdyPhoto-27.jpg

Picked up a low mount spoiler awhile back and decided to try it with my own spoiler legs. Delighted with it,I think it beefs up the back nicely.

Another successful trackday at mondello Monday. Car had a couple of niggles that I'm hoping to get sorted soon.one of the things I noticed was car got hot after about 20 minutes on track (normal enough) but the needle starting bouncing over and back then rapidly. Possibly a faulty gauge or wire issue.

The other niggle has been there since I got the car.filling it with fuel is a disaster. I recently noticed the return pipe for tank vent is half way down the fuel pipe instead of up at the filler neck.

These should be easy enough fixes.

car is booked in with kevin at division88 for some routine maintenance and fluid change,along with some upgrades that will be the foundation for future power upgrades.

Willwood calipers/ferodo ds2500 pads and grooved disc's. These will help the car stop and an important upgrade imo.

Upgraded clutch and lightend flywheel, idea is to get it in and bed in before it needs mapping over the winter. (Upgraded clutch will be needed to handle the power)

coolant reroute kit, this will reroute the coolant pipe back to the rear of the engine and help keep all four cylinders cool and stop it over heating.

Thermostatic oil cooler, this should keep the oil temps under control on track and help prolong the life of the engine.

Still really enjoying the car and looking forward to the next day out with all the mods done.

20240331_200726.jpg
20240401_085237.jpg20240330_125831.jpg20240401_090112.jpg20240401_090126.jpg

Attachments

• 20240331_200726.jpg
    20240331_200726.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240401_085226.jpg
    20240401_085226.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Good man Jason πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ your making great use of it and enjoyment and learning alot along the way .
Great to see πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I seen this just now near sandyford / stepaside been towed bye a van or there is a similar car the same paint scheme not sure if it had the spoiler I only seen for a few seconds

Back