Me! My car, and the M1!

E

ericsti

A few months ago bought my MY00 typeRA STI and around the same time I started Working in Gormanston Co. Meath which in turn has sent me up and down the M1 twice a day Monday to Friday most of the time!

In this time I have been stranded twice on the M1 for more then an Hour sitting looking at my car, nodding to the drivers as they Beep going bye and explaining myself to the Gardai!

The first time it was a MAF sencor! I thought I'd Blown the Engine but there was no oil anywhere! I sat looking at it for around half an hour and then decided to replace the Apexi ECU with Original one!
This meant it started and I managed to get it to C&R and they fitted a new MAF, I put in the Apexi ECU again and off I went!

I had hoped that that was the last time that I would be stranded on the M1 for any amount of tme!

But!!!!

I got off from work this morning at around nine thirty and started of home!
I was just on the motar way when the Light for low fuel came on! :pray:
I reached for my wallet only to find that like a plank I had left it on the table before leaving for work! :doh:
It was now a battle between my feul tank and the lenght of the M1! :shoot:
The M1 won! :cry:
I rang the Brother and about hour later he arived the the Blood for my car to Breath again!

I now know that the fuel resevre in an RA isn't worth sh1t and that you cann't forget your wallet with one of these thing! :subaru: :thumbsup:

Hate that Eric :nana: lesson learned by the sound of it.

But next time (if there is a next time) just stop & fill up with petrol & then go in & tell them you didn't bring your wallet - most garages won't phone the guards straight away (especially if you're in full army gear) & tell them you'll drop the money in next morning. :thumbsup:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=5064.msg56025#msg56025 date=1200935563]
1Ltr Micra ? :D
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have had a few close calls but made it to a garage...just!!

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=5064.msg56013#msg56013 date=1200934472]
Could do that I suppose!
[/quote]

no money at the petrol station has happend me twice now first time i put 50e in and only had 20e in my wallet. garage was full and i felt like a thick. 2nd time however was not my fault, again i put 50e petrol in and went in to pay with a 100e note only to find out that they dont accept 100e notes. needless to say i left them waiting few days for there money on 2nd occasion.

as above go into garage.

fill up and say forgot wallet..

once you have driving licence on you there wouldn't be a bother..

As a wise man once said "jerry can in the boot" come to think of it, it was you who said it Belfast to Dublin :D, sorry Eric had to be said :thumbsup: sh1t i hope im on your team for the paintball day :shoot: :hang:

[quote author=nic spec c link=topic=5064.msg56060#msg56060 date=1200943048]
As a wise man once said "jerry can in the boot" come to think of it, it was you who said it Belfast to Dublin :D, sorry Eric had to be said :thumbsup: sh1t i hope im on your team for the paintball day :shoot: :hang:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the light in my 03 sti comes on when there is 10 litres left. I had a close one too and I filled it up to the top when the light came on an I put in 45 litres and as far as I know its a 55 litre tank

Happened me before, thought i had money in my account to pay by laser card :angry:
The guy in the filling station kept my driving licence till i came back

That's a pain in the arse alright! How long did you think you had once the light comes on??
Does'nt the RA have the same motorway hating gear ratios as the type R as in 120kph = 4000 rpm or something mad like that??
Thank god I only ran out once just as I came over the crest of a hill! There was a petrol station at the bottom, I just had to push the car from the forcourt to the pump! :pray:
And just out of interest, My 6th gear is 2,600 rpm @ 120kph, 5th gear is 3,200 @ 120 and 4th is 4,200 @ 120!! What's your's do??
Dan

Keith, takes one p*ick to rear end you and puff
Try keep to the topic of cars ye mad thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :nana:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5064.msg56137#msg56137 date=1200955859]
That's a pain in the arse alright! How long did you think you had once the light comes on??
Does'nt the RA have the same motorway hating gear ratios as the type R as in 120kph = 4000 rpm or something mad like that??
Thank god I only ran out once just as I came over the crest of a hill! There was a petrol station at the bottom, I just had to push the car from the forcourt to the pump! :pray:
And just out of interest, My 6th gear is 2,600 rpm @ 120kph, 5th gear is 3,200 @ 120 and 4th is 4,200 @ 120!! What's your's do??
Dan
[/quote]

Think Erics is the V-Limited so would have the longer ratio 5th gear, not quite as high revving @ motorway speeds as standard RA

Back