massive shudder

Tanx kenc. Thats what im going to say to my baseball bat as i walk up to that mechanic in the morning. But your bang on i'l take her for a good spin first. Then we can talk about where the plot is caus i'l be f*ct if i know.

To be fair, you proably have no real point in getting ratty with the mechanic, If it was you that supplied the friction plate he can always say thats all you gave him, so be best just keep cool and see what he says.
I know its easy say it now but it really is best to just fit a complete clutch kit, you now have a new Friction disk and a tired old probably 50k+ miles old Pressure plate..
In fairness i have got away without skimming flywheels in the past but i guess its just hit and miss really, and i know if i fitted a clutch and 1k miles later the crank seal started leaking i would be rightly pissed off so in perfect world and funds allowing, doing it all when box is out is the best practise.. hind sight is great :icon_rolleyes:

Hey baz. Sorry got my pm's mixed up. Kenc i did fit the whole kit thats why im thinking the spiggot is bearing is screwed. Tanx for all advice lads. Much appreciated.
Noel

[quote author=dutch link=topic=32012.msg367348#msg367348 date=1319180276]
Hey baz. Sorry got my pm's mixed up. Kenc i did fit the whole kit thats why im thinking the spiggot is bearing is screwed. Tanx for all advice lads. Much appreciated.
Noel
[/quote]

No worries man :thumbsup:

I couldnt see how spiggot bearing would cause a judder myself, at worst i would imagine it will just make noise.
When its a full kit, hopefully its all down to bedding in man.

Update. Spoke to garage today. He thinks its a faulty pressure plate and wanted to take it in and start breaking it down. I know he cant get parts untill tuesday so i told him monday. He's agreable said if it was his fault he would sort it. A good start there. Somthing i didnt notice lastnight is a vibration when you i rest my foot on the peddle so the release bearing is moving all the time when i say moving i mean back and forth not around. Im praying the first motion shaft's not bent. Summary Head wrecked and Heartbroken.

i fitted a new exedy in my wagon and had the very same symptoms but they seem to have settled down judder is gone and they vibration in pedal is vagely noticeable now :dontknow:

I cant explain how violent it is. I'v never come across anything like it before. I picked my daughter up from school today and when i tried to take off she cocked an eyebrow and just said "thats not right da" and before you say shes only ten shes been driving that car 8 months now lol.

Back