Map needed

darraghl

ISDC Club Member
Hi all,
Any recommendations on who i could get to map my sti type uk?ive emailed, called and text AP but no response or answer, i understand he must be up the walls busy.. it has a sports cat and 3" straight pipe to back box, uprated fuel pump and air intake and wasn't mapped after these being put on so its running really rich..i must try get it done before it goes in for the nct, any help would be greatly appreciated..😁

I wouldn't worry about the NCT, main priority is getting it mapped. Subaru really don't like messing with stuff like that with no mapping.
Whatever about the back box...but fuel pump, intake and sports cat would not be great at all if not mapped. Keep on to him, email late at night so he'll be off the dyno, and if possible, put back in the stock parts until you get mapping sorted.
If she's not a daily motor, grand, just leave her parked, but deffo don't be driving it too long that way. Plenty lads have crawled the car, off boost, to AP before mapping, just to make sure she wouldn't have a fanny attack on the way to him. Best play your cards slow and get it safe before worrying about the NCT in my opinion. Don't mean that any other way than helpful, I've learned the hard way, hate to see it happen to someone else when I could have shared my 2c

I wouldn't worry about the NCT, main priority is getting it mapped. Subaru really don't like messing with stuff like that with no mapping.
Whatever about the back box...but fuel pump, intake and sports cat would not be great at all if not mapped. Keep on to him, email late at night so he'll be off the dyno, and if possible, put back in the stock parts until you get mapping sorted.
If she's not a daily motor, grand, just leave her parked, but deffo don't be driving it too long that way. Plenty lads have crawled the car, off boost, to AP before mapping, just to make sure she wouldn't have a fanny attack on the way to him. Best play your cards slow and get it safe before worrying about the NCT in my opinion. Don't mean that any other way than helpful, I've learned the hard way, hate to see it happen to someone else when I could have shared my 2c
Cheers Eoin👍appreciate it😁luckily enough I've it parked up since i got it,and its currently getting the clutch and timing belt replaced so wont be driven,i just want to have it right before i start using it and for the reasons you mentioned too i want to get it mapped,and fingers crossed then that will sort the emissions out then aswel😂

Will sort the emissions, but you will have a CEL before mapping anyway due to the sports cat. 100% tho, get her mapped and enjoy it then 😎 doing it right tho, get all the bits done first before you drive it 👌👌 fair play, keep at AP. He'll respond. I got him once or twice on Instagram too. No better man for the job I think

If its a good sports cat it shouldn't throw a check engine light as it should still be able to reduce the emissions sufficiently between the front and rear o2 sensor to keep the ecu happy (otherwise its not a sports cat, its a straight pipe with a bulge in it). The fuel pump won't impact the fueling either as the fuel pressure regulator maintains the correct pressure in the rails (the reason for the pump is poor flow from the OEM unit at higher RPMs with increased boost pressure). The intake however will absolutely mess with things and need the ECU tweaked to suit the new airflow characteristics. If you can refit the original airbox then assuming everything else on the car is tip top and sports cat is working well you should pass the NCT no problems.

If its a good sports cat it shouldn't throw a check engine light as it should still be able to reduce the emissions sufficiently between the front and rear o2 sensor to keep the ecu happy (otherwise its not a sports cat, its a straight pipe with a bulge in it). The fuel pump won't impact the fueling either as the fuel pressure regulator maintains the correct pressure in the rails (the reason for the pump is poor flow from the OEM unit at higher RPMs with increased boost pressure). The intake however will absolutely mess with things and need the ECU tweaked to suit the new airflow characteristics. If you can refit the original airbox then assuming everything else on the car is tip top and sports cat is working well you should pass the NCT no problems.
Thanks man,yeah the sports cat is from scooby world,everything fitted was a kit bought from them so should be of good quality..thanks for the info😁👍

Fyi Just to be aware some sports cats from UK don't pass emissions here there test less strict than ours.

Alot of UK sports cats 100 cell ones that pass here 200 and up factory cat bout 700 cell

Back