Lurking for 9 years

That sounds promising - what ever happened to biofuels? Like making biofuel out of algae and the likes. Hopefully they find cost effective alternatives to fossil fuel so we can keep driving ICE cars forever
Yea rem that Rapeseed ect very popular few years ago but need lots of land to grow it for a smaller return and had a knock on effect of raising grain/food prices ect as lots of land was being used up for the veg oil for cars.

Yea rem that Rapeseed ect very popular few years ago but need lots of land to grow it for a smaller return and had a knock on effect of raising grain/food prices ect as lots of land was being used up for the veg oil for cars.
Yeah that makes sense - but algae is generally grown in hollow concrete pools so can be grown where land is arid or just not suitable for crops. I think the processing of the algae into fuel is the hard and expensive part right now...
They'll have to make alternative fuels of some sort, don't see other modes of transport such as air switching to electric any time soon, if ever!

We have really gone off topic here :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the club, Adam! And do stick up a pic of that R33 (y)
Best of luck searching for your Subaru! Not much on the market right now, it seems...

Well lads, my day job is actually to replace ICE's (sorry) with alternative fuels and electric. For the future of fossil fuels CCS is the generally accepted future. It's the carbon capture and storage. Essentially you capture the carbon which is already in the atmosphere and reverse engineer it to the required fuel, involves a lot of methane and hydrogen. The aviation industry is pushing this on as it's currently the only realistic way they can become carbon neutral with the technology available today, the issue with this for us is they will need kerosene not petrol

Well lads, my day job is actually to replace ICE's (sorry) with alternative fuels and electric. For the future of fossil fuels CCS is the generally accepted future. It's the carbon capture and storage. Essentially you capture the carbon which is already in the atmosphere and reverse engineer it to the required fuel, involves a lot of methane and hydrogen. The aviation industry is pushing this on as it's currently the only realistic way they can become carbon neutral with the technology available today, the issue with this for us is they will need kerosene not petrol
That's very interesting derek

IMG_20180323_103158_246.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_4727.JPG
    DSC_4727.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC_3288.JPG
    DSC_3288.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0391_2.JPG
    DSC_0391_2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_2773.JPG
    DSC_2773.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_2774.JPG
    DSC_2774.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0317_3.JPG
    DSC_0317_3.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Nice Accord and R33 (y)
Just realised we both work in the same business park, seen your car driving in/out a few times

T
Nice Accord and R33 (y)
Just realised we both work in the same business park, seen your car driving in/out a few times

Thanks, I've had some other very nice cars, but they were the easiest photos to find.

Where do you work? I'm on the hunt for a new car

Welcome broski.
Nice cars there.
For what it's worth:
If your gonna buy- buy now.
The prices are not falsely high.there just high.and only going in one direction.
Some of these cars are becoming very rare and sought after world over.
We've worked on more "old " cars this last year that anything else.people are holding there cars and spending money on them as they've fu*k all else to spend money on.
Audi have stopped development of ALL IC engines.( Although they will continue to work with excisting castings)
Volkswagen has stopped ALL manufacturing of IC engines.
For ever.
Others will follow suit shortly.
Do yourself a favor and get a car now before you can't.
Ok- I'm off me soapbox now.
Good luck

Hi Adam, nearly sure I got 10W60 Mobil 1, from you a while back...?

might be wrong!
If it’s you, Top Man! German efficiency! I was very impressed.

If not you I’m sure, you are sound either way 😀😉👍🏻

Back