Lowering springs question

darraghl

ISDC Club Member
Hi all,
Just wondering what are people running on their cars?i want to lower slightly my widetrack STI and give it a bit more of a stance but dont want it scraping the road..any help would be greatly appreciated😁
Pic for attention
1000010144.jpg

Lot of lads run the Eibach springs, Whiteline do a set up where it lowers the front more than the back.
Subaru sit higher at the front on standard springs, so Whiteline do like 30mm front 25mm rear for example.
I'm running Tein coilovers, find them great tbh.
Comfortable, and still low enough for my liking 👍 IMG_20231016_112217_959.jpg

Lot of lads run the Eibach springs, Whiteline do a set up where it lowers the front more than the back.
Subaru sit higher at the front on standard springs, so Whiteline do like 30mm front 25mm rear for example.
I'm running Tein coilovers, find them great tbh.
Comfortable, and still low enough for my liking 👍 View attachment 130253

Cheers Eoin,beautiful car you have there👌the way it sits is the way I'd like to get mine...coilovers probably are the way to go but I've a few more bits to do before the budget allows me to go that route..is there anyone in ireland supplying the Eibachs or whitelines do you know?or do i bite the bullet and get them from the UK and pay the extra bit for customs?

Well, you don't really pay "extra"
The UK supplier should deduct tax at checkout cause its being shipping outside of the EU (since brexit) and then you pay the 23% VAT here (customs) compared to paying the 21% VAT in UK aswel as 23% customs.
The likes of Ali Burrows or Olly McCarron up North be good contacts, they might stock lowering springs.
Or else shop in EU.
Driftshop in France is very good

Eibach pro kit in my opinion offer best stance/comfort/handling feel on standard strut👍

I am running a Eibach pro kit in my widetrack on a standard shocks. It's a 25mm and 30mm drop front and back . Which is not to low. Still very comfortable. I paid 155 euros about 2 years ago from Autodoc for them. But they have gone up on price.

Attachments

• 20230311_142801.jpg
    20230311_142801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230311_142812.jpg
    20230311_142812.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Cheers lads......making it tuff to not purchase them eibachs......Colm planted the seed on the Donegal run.....thought I'd talked myself outa it ........but here we go again😂🤣😂🤣
Had them in the wrx .......just right imo

Leave standard hight 😉 there set that hight for a reason 🤣🤣🤣
Fast spins across back roads it’s perfect 👍👍👍
Eoin yours is way to low for back road around here but Jp has the roads very smooth down with ye in Limerick 🤣🤣🤣

Haha ahhh good oul JP, some man hai 😆 yeah, mine can be a bit hairy on some bumpy roads in fairness..but, speed ramps no issue, and she doesn't bottom out or rub arches either so..I'm happy enough with it lol
I do intend on going for 18" 9J wheels tho maybe this year...so might have to bring it up a bit so it won't rub...either that or a cheeky stretch on tyres, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Thats one good thing about coilovers...if you need to/want to, you can make them higher or lower depending on mood 😏

Silly question now but i know the shocks are different but are the newage 5x100 STI springs the same as the widetrack ones?any ones i see have the same part number but dont say what pcd they suit

Silly question now but i know the shocks are different but are the newage 5x100 STI springs the same as the widetrack ones?any ones i see have the same part number but dont say what pcd they suit

same part number is the answer there , if it didnt have the same number you would wonder,do they have a different spring rate but the part number is the part not the application

Back