Lowering springs problem legacy bp5 JDM wr ltd

ben1973

Sunday Drivers
So, replaced front bilstein shocks (due to shaft breaking prob from someone overtightening)
Replaced with bilstein b6 hd shocks.
Used original springs back on these and noticed the car was sitting slightly higher than it was before..
Anyway bought a set of H&R lowering springs(specifically for the legacy bp wagon) last week and fitted them at weekend.rears are sitting about 15 mm lower than before (nice gap- looks right) but the front is sitting at exactly the same height as before,as in absolutely no drop whatsoever.I know people say you need to let them settle, but drove back up from kells after fitting,so plenty of bumpy roads, and the rears have dropped.
The springs feel great, but it's sitting too high and I'm not happy with the gap.
Not sure what to do, any help greatly appreciated.

Not sure if it's the same with the Legacy, but with the Impreza, the front always sits higher.
Some companies offer like 4 x 30mm drop springs, but I know the likes of Whiteline offer a package where the rears are 30mm and the fronts are 40mm lower, as they're aware the front sits higher.
Could just be lower, but not as low as the rear cause they all have the same drop if you get me

I understand what your saying.the h&r said 30/30 mm drop.
The drop on the rear is closer to 20 mm after measuring.
The front measuring exactly the same as original springs.
I'm measuring from centre of wheel up to edge of wheel arch

I wanted to buy whieline springs but they didn't offer options for the bp5.
Sti pinks are crazy money as only available in japland. I think it was working out at just over 600.

Back